EnCompass seeks Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Specialist candidates for an anticipated 5-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Nepal. The anticipated USAID/Nepal MEL Activity is expected to be a follow-on to a current contract that assists USAID/Nepal in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities aligned to the mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy and development objectives.
The CLA Specialist will lead the development of knowledge management and learning activities, and facilitate a culture of collaborative and adaptive management. The CLA Specialist will work to ensure that data collected and evidence generated are disseminated to and applied by MEL project stakeholders for more effective development programming.
The position will be full time and based in in Kathmandu, with travel throughout the country. Citizens of Nepal are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee collaborative dialogue and learning among USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders around emerging issues; facilitate reflections on the implications of new learning; and assist in responding to key learning findings
- Work closely with the USAID/Nepal MEL team to develop and maintain a knowledge management system for learning from and adapting development programs
- Ensure evaluation information is shared and effectively used through knowledge-sharing and strategic learning processes to adapt and improve programming, as well as bring innovations to the mission’s work
- Develop a learning agenda, with activities and best practices that promote learning to meet USAID/Nepal's goals, and manage the promotion and use of the learning agenda
- Establish, build, and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders relevant to the learning needs of USAID/Nepal MEL, including implementing partners and government of Nepal stakeholders
- Support strategic communications activities, when necessary, including publication, dissemination, and events with stakeholders
- Employ strong CLA practices throughout the work
- Graduate degree in international development, organizational development, social science, or a related field preferred
Experience and Skills
- No less than 5 years' experience leading organizational learning, change management, monitoring, and evaluation activities
- Prior experience in Nepal and/or the region required
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Experience supporting USAID-funded activities preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is preferred
- Proficiency in Nepali preferred
- Citizens of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply
Click the link to apply: bit.ly/CLEnCom