EnCompass seeks (Senior) Operations/Finance Manager candidates for an anticipated 5-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Nepal. The anticipated USAID/Nepal MEL Activity is expected to be a follow-on to a current contract that assists USAID/Nepal in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities aligned to the mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy and development objectives.
Reporting to the chief of party, the (Senior) Operations/Finance Manager will serve as the overall lead for all financial and administrative (F&A) aspects of the project. Potentially managing a small team, s/he will serve as the lead for accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement, and other F&A functions as required by the contract. S/he will work directly with the chief of party to ensure full compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and functioning of financial processes, as well as maintain internal controls for all activities.
The position will be full time and based in Kathmandu, with travel throughout the country. Citizens of Nepal are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Maintain oversight of finance, procurement, human resources, and operational activities of the field office
- Establish procedures for stewardship of financial operations, including accounting/banking, payroll, subcontracting, procurement, etc.
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements, and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
- May develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, and authorize and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- May manage local payroll and reporting
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related discipline; a graduate degree is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: finance, procurement, accounting, logistics, and/or human resource-related matters for international development activities of a similar contract size
- Knowledge of U.S. Government's financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements, particularly as related to USAID highly desired
- Knowledge of applicable Nepalese laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
Experience and Skills
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel highly preferred
- Experience supporting donor-funded procurements and subcontracts preferred
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded programs desirable
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Proficiency in Nepali greatly preferred
- Familiarity with USAID/Nepal is preferred
- Citizens of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply
Click the link to apply: bit.ly/FMEncomp