EnCompass seeks Capacity Building Specialist candidates for an anticipated 5-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Nepal. The anticipated USAID/Nepal MEL Activity is expected to be a follow-on to a current contract that assists USAID/Nepal in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities aligned to the mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy and development objectives.
The Capacity Building Specialist will manage a portfolio of activities to achieve USAID/Nepal MEL goals to expand the capacity of USAID/Nepal, implementing partner, and other stakeholders capacity to use and apply data and evidence for more effective development programs.
The position will be full time and based in Kathmandu, with travel throughout the country. Nepalese citizens are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Capacity Building Specialist will work closely with USAID/Nepal MEL team members and stakeholders to assess capacity, using participatory frameworks and approaches, and develop plans to sustainably enhance participants’ monitoring and evaluation capacities
- In collaboration with the Nepal MEL team, s/he will design training materials, deliver training, and design and maintain evaluation activities to determine effectiveness of capacity-building activities, and coordinate with Nepal MEL and partner support staff for training deliveries
- S/he will work to establish, build, and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders relevant to capacity-building goals, engaging them as partners and co-creators of capacity-building initiatives
- S/he will also look to identify and build relationships with Nepalese organizations and short-term technical assistance that can be engaged to deliver capacity-building activities
- S/he will be committed to use participatory and strengths-based learning design and delivery approaches, as well as blended learning and evidence-based learning theory in all activities
- S/he will employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work
- Graduate degree in international development, organizational development, social science, or a related field preferred
Experience and Skills
- No less than 5 years of demonstrated experience in capacity building and training for strengthening skill sets in the field of MEL; experience should include designing curricula and materials for face-to-face and virtual training delivery, as well as facilitation of institutional-strengthening processes
- Prior experience in Nepal and/or the region required
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Experience managing capacity-strengthening and training activities for USAID-funded activities highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience applying a variety of participatory and strengths-based learning design and delivery approaches, blended learning and evidence-based learning theory
- Familiarity with e-learning tools, virtual instructor-led training (vILT) on Adobe Connect, and other online instructional products highly desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English is preferred
- Proficiency in Nepali preferred
- Citizens of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply
Click the link to apply: https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/#op-370476-capacity-building-specialist-nepal-mel