Background: Equal Access (EA), an organization working in the area of Development Communications invites application from qualified Nepali citizens to join our team as a ‘Research Consultant’ to support our project ‘Change Starts at Home’ (Change project). The overall aims of the project are to reduce the prevalence of intimate partner VAWG (violence against women and girls) in Nepal, to create an enabling environment for the reduction of VAWG, and to identify interventions that will lead to sustainable improvements in the lives of women and girls. The role of the consultant is to provide technical advisory and research services to Equal Access to facilitate the research activities for the project.
Description of the duties:
1. Facilitate and support the set-up and execution of a two armed Randomized Controlled Trial (RCT) in selected project sites (approximately total sample size of 1800 people).
2. Support the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the collected data.
3. Develop sections of reports and analysis as needed and support results dissemination.
Required qualifications and skills:
1. Advanced degree in a research intensive discipline (economics, statistics, epidemiology, public health, or related field) or Bachelor's degree; with 5+ years of research experience in the field of gender based violence in Nepal.
2. Highly experienced in data collection, management and analysis in Nepal.
3. Prior experience implementing large research projects with activities occurring in diverse locations.
4. Experience working with statistical software (eg. SAS, STATA, SPSS, R) or at a minimum Microsoft Excel.
5. Highly experienced with human subjects’ review and adherence to participants’ rights.
6. Highly experienced with research quality control and adherence to study protocols.
7. Good understanding of Nepal’s development concerns, particularly issues of girls and women.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English & Nepali.
9. Excellent time management and ability to pay attention to details and to deliver results on agreed upon timeline.
10. Preference will be given to candidates with past experience of writing peer reviewed/published articles and experience working with field based researchers and/or connections to district level academic institutions/universities.
Applications including a covering letter, updated Curriculum Vitae and contact details of two referees should be forwarded at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7th June 2015. Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.