Equal Access International (EAI) Nepal – an international non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Washington, D.C. – working with communities around the world to co-create sustainable solutions utilizing community engagement and participatory media and technology. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, and individual donors, EAI has a 20-year track record implementing social change projects around the world and currently operates through 12 country programs across Asia and East and West Africa.
In Nepal, EAI Nepal serves as an implementing partner to FHI 360 on the USAID funded Civil Society: Mutual Accountability Project (CS:MAP) which aims to foster a more legitimate, accountable and resilient Nepali civil society, capable of advancing public interest using evidence based research. To support ongoing activities of CS:MAP, EAI is seeking applications for the following positions-
1. Media Production Manager (Full time position)
- Responsible for the quality production and broadcast of fortnightly live call in shows, to be produced and aired through the multiple radio partners based in different targeted areas of CSMAP project.
- Lead the implementation of 'SMS my Voice' campaign and ensure its linkages with the live call in shows to be produced by radio partners.
- Will provide oversight and support for EA's network of Community Reporters (CRs) and coordinate as necessary with the Outreach team to ensure that the CRs are well supported in their day to day work.
- Will work in close coordination with the Equal Access ICT Officer and Outreach team to increase the utilization of MeroReport as a platform to link community, district, national CSOs and journalists engaged in cross-sectoral oversight of public service delivery.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and technical guidance to the CSMAP trained journalists on investigative reporting, to come up with new stories on the key thematic areas prioritized by the project.
- Responsible for documentation and reporting of the implemented activities.
2. Media Production Officer (Full time position)
Work closely with and support the Media Production Manager (position mentioned above) to :
- Support the production and broadcast of fortnightly live call in shows, to be produced and aired through the radio partners based in different targeted areas of CSMAP project.
- Promote utilization of Mero Report portal by CSMAP CSO partners, media professionals and other community members, and manage its content on regular basis.
- Manage the 'Journalists Fellowship Initiative' of CSMAP by supporting with logistics, ensuring effective coordination with the selected journalists, sharing the constructive feedback provided to them on their stories and by ensuring its publication in the mainstream print and online media.
- Support the management of social media platforms of CSMAP
3. ICT4D Officer (Full-time position)
- Support the project use of ICT4D, including mobile data collection through the SMS/IVR system and maintain MeroReport online portal, ensuring it is participatory, user-led and interactive.
- Design the content for and use of IVR/SMS in EAI Nepal projects, ensuring that activities help to meet project objectives.
- Design and maintain the data processing mechanism for SMS polls and IVR feedback.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data from the IVR/SMS system and online platforms as required by the M&E and Program Managers of EAI Nepal.
- Provide the required technical support to resolve the day to day ICT related troubleshooting to the project team.
- Managing social media platforms for CSMAP, including creation of original content text/posts for the pages, managing posts and responding to the followers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
EAI is an equal opportunity employer. EAI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and applicants seeking employment. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at EAI.
To apply, please send your CV, with indication of your minimum salary requirement, and your relevant experience to- firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 April 2021. Please mention- CS:MAP and the position title you are applying to, in the subject line of the email.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Please note that we will evaluate applications as they come in and interviews will be held on rolling basis. EAI reserves the right to select a candidate before the application period closes. The selected candidate is expected to start immediately. Canvassing at any stage of the hiring process shall lead to automatic disqualification.