POSITION TITLE: Program Officer
DEPARTMENT: Winrock International-Nepal (CEEW)
DUTY STATION: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur, Nepal.
REPORTS TO: Director, Winrock International-Nepal
POSITION DESCRIPTION Winrock International –Nepal
The program officer be responsible for implementing projects, ensuring project quality and smooth operations, and supporting New Business/Concept development for new work. The program officer should have managerial skills, as well as a Technical Background in Renewable Energy, Water Security, Environmental Projects, and/or another related technical area. Equally, Program officer ensures adherence to local laws, WI policies and procedures, and donor requirements while performing his/her duties.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Master's degree in energy, economics, environment, social studies or an interdisciplinary program with minimum of five years’ work experience in implementing and managing donor-funded projects or Bachelor’s degree in energy, economics, environment, social studies with minimum of seven years’ work experience in implementing and managing donor-funded projects;
- Extensive knowledge of renewable energy, water security, or environmental areas including policy and local stakeholder including through knowledge of the sector
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication in both Nepali and English, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship particularly interacting productively, proactively and comfortably with community leaders, government agencies, NGOs and private sector.
- Experience implementing and working on business development for donor-funded projects is highly desired.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office applications including word, excel, power point and outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects
- Ability to lead, organize and prioritize work
- Quick learner, team player and flexible
Under the overall guidance of the team leader, and the immediate supervision of the Director, the Program Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for overall management, monitoring and implementation of projects’ activities as per the project document.
- Oversee the development, designing, coordinating and implementing of projects
- Assist Director in the development of multi-sector strategy for new business opportunities
- Prepare equipment specifications, drawings and detailed work schedules of projects if required
- Regular visit of project sites to monitor progress and coordinate field activities
- Prepare progress report i.e. monthly, quarterly, annually as per the project documents and submit to donors or partners
- Prepare, update and guarantee accurate documentation of the project, data of related project activities.
- Carry out energy surveys, feasibility studies, and cost estimations as per the requirement of projects.
- Lead, develop and carry out training programs, workshops, meetings as per the project document and participate if relevant workshops
- Ensure a continuous cooperation from all the stakeholders including local communities, enabling them to operate and maintain their systems and to solve community energy problems by utilizing their own resources.
- Provide quality inputs throughout the project cycle in wide range of Energy projects
- Ensure effective, efficient and sustainability of project
- Willingness to work in any other assigned Winrock Nepal’s tasks according to the specific need, demand and as assigned by REPSO Director.
- Recruit, coordinate and monitor consultants as required by the projects
- Coordinate, monitor, supervise the execution of project activities by the partners organization
- Maintain good working relation with partners and donors
- Coordinate with other related projects/programs in Nepal that has direct and indirect implications with Winrock’s projects
- Take collaborative initiative with stakeholders to maintain conducive working environment to implement the project’s activities
- Supervise other team members as assigned
- Ensure smooth coordination and communication between involved project stakeholders and with line government organization
- Assist F&A and REPSO Director to project expenses and cash needs for assigned projects
To Apply: Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter, updated CV and list of three references by 28 February 2019 to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Phone calls will not be entertained. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.