- Advanced university degree in environment or natural resource management, Environmental Economics, Development, Business Administration or similar field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in environment and development work, which should include programme management, preferably with an extended specialized experience in any of the GEF-SGP thematic areas at the national level.
- Excellent teamwork, people management and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills,
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in the official national language and English is required. Knowledge of other UN languages is considered asset.
- Proficiency in standard computer software (word-processing, excel, presentations, databases and internet).