Islamic Relief Worldwide, IRW is an international humanitarian organization that provides development programs and humanitarian relief around the globe, regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or beliefs. (http://www.islamic-relief.org/). In Nepal, IRW is affiliated with Social Welfare Council as International Non-Governmental Organisation.
Islamic Relief Nepal (IR Nepal) invites applications from qualified Nepali Candidate for the Livelihood Specialist position, for Nepal Program. IRN is an equal opportunities employer. IRN strongly encourages candidates from minority/Dalit/janjati/women background to apply. IRN does not discriminate candidates based on caste/religion/ethnicity /gender in its recruitment.
Detail of Job responsibility is mentioned below. Interested candidates are required to submit a Motivation Letter reflecting their suitability for the job as per Job Description and a recent C.V mentioning the expected Salary via email to Info.Nepal@islamic-relief.org.np no later than 28th April 2021, before 17:00 hours.
Functional Title: Livelihood Specialist
Base Location: Kathmandu with Extensive Field Visit
Reporting to: Program Advisor
Contract Duration: 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Starting Date: 1st June 2021
Salary: Negotiable based on the experience and qualification
The Livelihood Specialist will report and work under the direct supervision of the Program Advisor. S/He assumes twin responsibility of project management and ensuring that livelihood technical interventions are delivered to highest quality standards, in alignment with IR livelihoods strategy. For this, the position holder will work in coordination with several other subject experts.
- Lead and provide technical support on various livelihood interventions in coordination with project leads, Program Advisor and partner organizations to achieve project results and objectives.
- Ensure timely and technically sound planning, implementation, and follow up of livelihood activities, including budgets,
- Enhance the quality of livelihood programming throughout the project cycle through initiatives such as monitoring beneficiary need, market analysis, and innovation, etc;
- Support to develop need-based assessments and activities, including setting up quality benchmarks.
- Contribute technical specifications for the market surveys, development of livelihood improvement plan, business plan etc
- Provide technical guidance for the marketing and market forward and backward linkages for the alternative livelihoods and SMEs.
- Conduct periodic monitoring visits to assess whether activities are being done to the required standard.
- Assist the MEAL and project development team in designing and implementing surveys and assessments related to livelihoods programming when needed;
- Carry out a preliminary costing exercise along with a calculation of potential beneficiaries (individuals or households) to feed into the Total Budget
- Implement and maintain a good internal communication system for the project team and partners
- Regularly hold project team meetings to review the quality and progress of the work. Prepare the required reports to the line manager (Program Advisor) and feedback with accurate information
- Advice and support the partners on design and delivery of training module for livelihoods interventions and if required Support facilitation of training sessions for technical teams and assisted communities.
- Conduct capacity building of the implementing partner staff members.
- Program communication systems with the project team, partner organization, and donors
- Development and implementation of livelihoods assessment tools and approaches
- Participate in review meetings, planning meetings, training & exposure programs, workshops, seminars, etc. as required
- Other duties and responsibilities might be assigned by the Programme Advisor and/or the Head of Mission as the program and organization requires
- At least a masters’ degree in agriculture or a related field.
Experience/Competencies for this position
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience working on projects promoting livelihoods interventions.
- Proven experience in conducting assessment and analysis of agriculture and livelihood related options/activities
- Demonstrated track record of conceptualizing projects and need assessment for developing proposals for a wide range of donor agencies.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge in sub-sectors within livelihood theme, especially agriculture, rural economy, climate change adaptation, market access, etc.
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities in English and Nepali language
- Capacity building experience and ability to drive the team for a common goal.
- Good negotiation, coordination, and communication skills.
- Good organization, analytical, and planning skills.
- Proficient in MS office, excel, PowerPoint and any other relevant software’s.
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letter and recent C.V mentioning the expected Salary via email to Info.Nepal@islamic-relief.org.np no later than 28 April 2021, before 17:00 hours.