• Monitor the day-to-day implementation of the school construction works executed by the contractor to ensure that all specifications are fulfilled as provisioned in the design.
• Ensure that all the "Technical Specifications" mentioned in the contract are followed by the contractors.
• Conduct on-site testing of construction materials to ensure quality as per specifications.
• Measure and prepare Bill of Quantities(BoQ) of the completed works necessary for the payment to the contractors.
• Coordinate with contractors, Local partner NGOs and concerned School Management Committees(SMCs) in relation to school construction works.
• Coordinate and facilitate operation and maintenance training to SMCs and maintenance workers (caretakers).
• Coordinate and facilitate construction related trainings to local workers/labor.
• Report to the Programme Engineer on a weekly basis using standard templates.
• Diploma in Civil Engineering or Architecture.
• Minimum 5 years experience in supervision of building construction.
• Fluency in Nepali and English (written and spoken).
• Good handling of AutoCAD Software.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email).
Deadline for applications: 22 July, 2016
Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension
Benefits: Attractive benefits package as per the rules and regulations of Caritas Switzerland in Nepal
Interested candidates, meeting the above requirements, are requested to submit their application via email at: email@example.com including
• a cover letter
• a filled up form provided by CACH
The form can be obtained by requesting through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. CACH office reserves all the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Caritas Switzerland, a Swiss INGO, is supporting the people of Nepal affected by the devastating earthquake of 25 April, 2015. Following the first phase of distribution of relief materials, Caritas Switzerland (referred to as CACH hereafter) also implemented rehabilitation activities setting up temporary learning facilities in Sindhupalchok district. With the relief activities coming to an end, CACH will continue to support the earthquake affected population in Sindhupalchok through permanent school reconstruction.