The Programme Engineer (hereafter PE) in close consultation with and guidance from the Programme Coordinator shall be required to support in planning, implementing and managing the rehabilitation of school buildings in earthquake affected areas of Sindhupalchok district. Following are the main responsibilities:
• Prepare/revise design and drawings of school buildings as required for school specific site conditions.
• Conducting detail assessment of schools for preparing master plan.
• Coordinate with the contractor to develop construction time plan of schools and procurement plan of the construction materials.
• Monitor the quantity and quality of school construction works executed by the contractors.
• Monitor the construction works such as mixing and placing of concrete, formwork, woodwork, steel
work and roof work. Check the bar-bending schedule prepared by the contractor and its execution.
• Ensure all the "Technical Specifications" are properly implemented during school construction.
• Conduct on-site testing of construction materials to ensure quality as per specifications.
• Develop and organize training courses that are related to technical and managerial aspects of operation and maintenance of the supported schools.
• Provide necessary guidance to Technical Officers.
• Report to the programme Coordinator as may be necessary.
• Coordinate with contractors, local partner NGOs, local authorities, School Management Committees (SMCs) as may be necessary.
• Coordinate and support WASH team for timely supply of water to schools.
• Bachelor in Civil Engineering or Architecture.
• Minimum 5 years experience in building design and construction supervision.
• Knowledge of earthquake resilient building design and construction.
• Experiences on preparing Bill of Quantities (BoQ) and cost estimates.
• Ability to work well under pressure and in a multi cultural team and difficult geographical locations.
• Fluent in English & Nepali (written and spoken) and effective communication skills.
• Proficient in Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email) and AutoCAD.
Deadline for applications: 22 July, 2016
Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension
Benefits: Attractive benefits package as per the rules and regulations of Caritas Switzerland in Nepal
Interested candidates, meeting the above requirements, are requested to submit their application via email at: email@example.com including
• a cover letter
• a filled up form provided by CACH
The form can be obtained by requesting through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. CACH office reserves all the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Caritas Switzerland, a Swiss INGO, is supporting the people of Nepal affected by the devastating earthquake of 25 April, 2015. Following the first phase of distribution of relief materials, Caritas Switzerland (referred to as CACH hereafter) also implemented rehabilitation activities setting up temporary learning facilities in Sindhupalchok district. With the relief activities coming to an end, CACH will continue to support the earthquake affected population in Sindhupalchok through permanent school reconstruction.