Position:Kopila Valley School Mental Health Counselor
At Kopila Valley School, we are dedicated to creating an environment that fosters mutual respect and working together, deep learning and boundless creativity. To developing joyful, compassionate learners and innovative thinkers. The goal of the counseling center is to provide students with the resources to feel safe and able to learn.
Purpose: To provide mental health counseling to the students and staff at Kopila Valley School. To manages specific community mental health programs from planning and design through implementation and evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Direct and coordinate mental health services; maintain clinical case notes for clients receiving counseling services
- Building relationships with, reassuring, listening, and talking to students - handling student needs and emergencies
- Assisting teachers and school staff in conducting home visit of the students and assessing the problems and needs of the students
- Maintaining confidentiality of the students while explaining the needs of the student to the teacher and making appropriate modification for them in the classroom
- Training the school staff/teachers in the mental health needs of the students; assisting with classroom management techniques
- Serving as a liaison between Kopila Valley School and the community; developing plans for community-based mental health programs aimed at prevention, understanding, and education
- Assisting with adulthood immersion and individual student interventions as they arise
- Additional responsibilities may include: crisis management, problem solving, writing reports, managing budgets, dealing with complaints, and publicizing services
Fluent Nepali and English speaker
2 years counseling experience