Position:Children's Home Caregiver
Position Type:Full-time, live-in
The Children’s Home Caregiver is in charge of all things in the Kopila Valley Children’s Home. You work with the Nepali staff and Maggie to create a close-knit team and make sure the children’s home is running smoothly though extraordinary communication and action.
- You are self motivated, organized, nurturing and approachable. You thrive at adding peace, calmness and order to a bustling home of 50 children. You are the primary disciplinary and are able to be on call whenever the kids need you.
- You are in charge of making sure laundry is washed and the children are keeping up with hygiene.
- You help with homework, make sure chores are done properly, lead family meetings, help at meal time, assist in bedtime and take care of simple medicinal needs of the children.
- You plan birthdays, family games, workdays, house projects and everything in-between.
- You exude kindness and warmth and love being the head of a household.
- You are bilingual in Nepali and English. Knowledge of basic first aid and wellness is a plus.
- You live at the Kopila Valley Children’s Home and are able to commit long term to this position.