Job Description: Full-Time, Mechnical Engineer of InnoCSR Nepal
Country Focus: Nepal
Responsible to: InnoCSR’s Board of Directors and employers at InnoCSR
Organizations: InnoCSR Nepal
Duration: One (1) year contract, with possibility of an extension and dependent on the progress of InnoCSR Group
Compensation: Comparable to Experience. Competitive in the market.
1. Opportunity Background
InnoCSR’s aim to transform Nepal’s brick industry by eliminating environmental and social hazards is being pursued in a mutual benefit with related stakeholders. We aim to transfer greener technologies from Korea which significantly improves the production capacity of brick production in brick kilns, lowers the operational cost whilst improving the environment and social standards of the laborers.
InnoCSR will also go into the Road infrastructure projects where our road solution will be greener and more cost effective.
InnoCSR will play an important role in an economic infrastructure that supports the livelihoods of thousands of workers and provide the raw materials that drive Nepal’s (re)construction and future growth.
2. Roles and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of InnoCSR Mechanical Engineer is to design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical InnoCSR products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares InnoCSR product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; and requesting special services.
- Design testing procedures and control equipment to accurately assess products and identify areas that require modification and further testing.
- Communicate directly with customers to understand project requirements, goals, design specifications, and operational environments in order to evaluate cost, feasibility, and implementation.
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Design new electrical engineering and control systems.
- Perform with site staff and external experts to supervise and enhance site electrical systems utilization.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth for InnoCSR
- Be the communication leader for dialogue with brick factories, public sector, construction agencies etc.
- Monitor and report the progress of the Field Coordinator /Technical Staff
- Any other duties, as assigned.
- Ensure program implementation is progressing in a timely manner, objectives are being met, and suggest any appropriate programmatic adjustments
- Collaborate regularly with program partners such as partner brick kilns, public sector entities and construction companies etc.
- Oversee the buyers where InnoCSR products are sold to.
- Oversee and report back to the work done by the InnoCSR team on a daily and weekly basis
- Relay any information gathered from the Brick factories by the Marketing and Sales executives and Field Trainers to the InnoCSR team, including but not excluded to market status, local changes that may affect the brick market, and such.
- Ensure that all program reports and communications achieve a high-level of clarity and professional quality and that public documents are disseminated to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Any other duties, as assigned
Office and Financial Management
- In case of field trips; a TRF needs to be approved by the CEO at InnoCSR; prior to any such trips being undertaken
- All invoices and expenses need to be handed over to the InnoCSR HQ
- Oversee a budget tracking and management process that ensures an accountable and transparent tracking of the program budget and expenditure
- Any other duties, as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in managing complex projects and teams with demonstrated results
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (Master’s preferred)
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer
- Experience working in the mechanical engineering field; use of hydraulic machine.
- Superior computer skills, with solid experience in CAD, CAM, and Matlab/LabView programs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Punctual and able to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in Nepali and English (Hindi & Chinese is preferred)
- High competence using standard office software systems including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A high level of personal integrity, efficiency, and ability to balance multiple tasks and deadlines