Ipas Nepal is a nonprofit organization working to achieve a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas Nepal works to ensure that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights, through enhanced access and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care.
The Finance and Administration Officer role provides technical support to the Finance and Administration unit. He/she is responsible in budget preparation, Partner Organization management and reporting support to projects. This position is expected to use initiatives to resolve work issues independently and to resolve problems and deviations in accordance with established practices. This position works under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Work closely with partner organizations’ finance staff/teams on project financial reporting,
- Monitor the accuracy and alignment of partner organizations’ approved budget and expenditure,
- Capacity building of the partner organization’s financial systems and financial reporting through regular monitoring and orientation,
- Payments and financial dealing to be made in compliance with the donor rules and regulations,
- Maintain and enter accurate and complete records of financial transactions in Ipas global ERP system/Workday,
- Maintain proper filing of vouchers and backup documents, and safe storage of cheque books and banking documents,
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and reconcile account balances,
- Assist the team to prepare salary sheets, salary deposit, tax calculation and timely calculation and deposit of the organization and staff tax liabilities,
- Timely deposit of tax and staff retirement fund to related organization,
- Support the efficient running of Ipas Nepal financial team and assist to strengthen the internal control and finance & administration management system as necessary,
- Support the organization and management of internal and statutory audits,
- Manage and support in the logistic and travel arrangements for project activities,
- Ensure that organizational administrative documentation is up-to-date and filed in place for proper documentation,
- Support in the logistics management for training, workshops, and monitoring visits for national and international events,
- Maintain proper inventory record of goods and equipment owned by Ipas Nepal,
- Ensure relevant inventory and assets management control systems are in place and complied with,
- In close coordination with the finance and administration team assist in the preparation of the organization’s annual budget, monthly financial reports, and project donor reports
- Will travel frequently to Ipas Nepal program districts,
- Will perform other duties as assigned by the organization.
- Candidate with ACCA or CA or a master’s degree (in business administration, or business studies or management with specialization in finance or accounting),
- Must have at least 4 years or more relevant professional experience in finance, administration, and auditing,
- Experience working in NGOs or INGOs is preferred along with partner NGOs management,
- With excellent knowledge of accounting principles and procedures,
- Excellent in using various computer applications such as word, excel, accounting software, ERP system,
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines,
- With good oral and written communication skills in both English and Nepali,
- Candidate with work experience with different donor-funded projects will be an advantage.
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy