Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is one of the world's leading international policy development and management organisation. We enable strategic decision-makers in the public and private sector to identify and implement sustainable solutions for reducing social and economic disadvantage in low- and middle-income countries. OPM Nepal is a part of our global strengths currently providing in-country technical assistance to the government of Nepal in health, social protection, economic policies, climate change and community development.
We are seeking to recruit Finance and Office Manager for Country office Nepal, based in Kathmandu.
Position Purpose: An integral member of the OPM Nepal team, the position holder will assist CD in overall operation of the programmes; be responsible for all necessary office administrative and financial duties for the office, analysing financial information and preparing financial reports by compiling information and utilising appropriate accounting control procedures/system. Take a lead role in complying with the country's legal provisions in renewal of OPM Nepal, tax clearance, contract management, payroll management and HR recruitment
1. Manage and ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality and security of that data
2. Prepare and implement the relevant financial policies required by the national laws; Ensure consistency with all internal policies processes and procedures with OPM Oxford;
3. Maintain office accounts, keeping them up to date on daily basis, ensuring a high degree of accuracy of all figures, postings, and documents;
4. Ensure payments are in line with policies, prepare account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures;
5. Prepare and send monthly fund forecast request to OPM Oxford Office;
6. Prepare monthly cashbooks, bank reconciliation of all bank accounts and other monthly financial reports for OPM Kathmandu, reporting to OPM Oxford;
7. Prepare monthly expense reports to check the balance (variances) between budget and expenses, keeping a close eye on expenses in the Budget and exercise budgetary controls;
8. Prepare annual/ half yearly budget, review it quarterly and report it to Country Office Director and OPM Oxford when required;
9. Coordinate with internal and external Auditors for timely completion of the Audit;
10. Prepare monthly and yearly annual statements of personal income tax and withholding tax and to collect the same from Projects for further submission;
11. Complete and submit tax forms and returns and other government documents as required;
12. Prepare and manage local contracts in close consultation with CD and HR partner in Oxford;
13. Support in the process of recruiting core and project staffs; maintain the consultants' rosters
14. Conduct local market surveys for the salary and consultancy fees;
15. Put in place office related procedures for IT, Health & Safety etc.;
16. Undertake general administrative duties, other HR related task, and other duties assigned by CD.
"To apply please visit http://www.opml.co.uk/join-us/vacancies and select the Finance Office Manager role.
You will need to create an account which takes a few minutes and then submit your CV in Word, a cover letter and answer the application questions."
Closing date Sunday 3rd April 2016 OPM has right to short-list, select and reject candidates or cancel the process at any time at its sole discretion, without assigning any reason there-off.
OPM is a successful, growing organisation. We have nine international offices and over 35 years’ experience of delivering projects that reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform. We have a range of opportunities across the business, within our consultancy and corporate functions.
If you are looking to join an organisation that values collaboration, mutual support, integrity and empowerment, and you want to work on interesting and challenging assignments, we would love to hear from you.