The Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) is the nationally and internationally recognized umbrella organization of business in Nepal. Organized as a representative body of business organizations in the country; it represents the interests of private sector and is involved in promotion of socio economic development of Nepal through private sector led economic growth.
Agro Enterprise Center (AEC), the agricultural wing of the Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) was established in September 1991 under the Cooperative Agreement between FNCCI and USAID/Nepal. Within past twenty five years, FNCCI/AEC has made valuable contributions in Agro Business Development and Promotion. Since 01 October 2002, FNCCI/AEC has been re-shaped with more focused Mission and Vision and is taking a renewed role in re-presenting the private sector agribusiness community in the development of agriculture and agribusiness in Nepal.
Now AEC has been restructured to meet the expectations of emerging agro entrepreneurs, to go globally in agricultural issues and to enhance partnership between national and international agencies working together to foster agriculture sector.
FNCCI/AEC invites applications from interested and eligible candidates (Nepali Citizens) who are accountable, have the ability to deliver results with highest level of integrity:
Position Job Description Eligibility
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Required No.: 1 (One)
Term: Annual, with initial six months’ probation period and extendable based on satisfactory performance.
The position is mainly responsible to:
· Envision, mange & promote the strategic direction of AEC/FNCCI considering FNCCI guidelines and policies
· Direct and monitor the activities of the organization in a manner that ensures that the assets of the organization are safeguarded and optimized in the best interests of all the stakeholders.
· Develop and implement operational policies to guide the organization within any limits prescribed by the organization’s by-laws and the framework of the strategic directions approved by the board
· Identify the principal risks of the Organization’s services and ensure the implementation of appropriate systems to manage these risks
· Maintain a positive work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top quality employees at all levels
· Manage and oversee the required interfaces between the organization and the public
· Build and maintain strong relationships with province, district and municipal chamber of commerce and industries including commodity associations and associate members.
· University degree from a recognized university with more than 10 years of working experience in a top level management position in a recognized non-profits organization, foundation, private sector organization, government agencies or international NGOs
· Good Track Record of commanding and assuming leadership roles with ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and productivity.
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and non-profit, and from diverse backgrounds
· In depth knowledge, experience and understanding of private sector with good interpersonal, communication and computer skills
For detailed TOR of the position log on to www.aec-fncci.org. Submit the application, CV along with copies of academic and experience certificates at the reception of Agro Enterprise Center or at the official email address of AEC (firstname.lastname@example.org) not later than Poush-20, 2075 (04 January 2019) 05:00 PM. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of processes shall lead to automatic disqualification. Any unsolicited attempt to influence AEC’s internal selection process in favor of a particular candidate will result in immediate disqualification. AEC/FNCCI reserves the right to accept or reject any application without providing any reason thereof. Qualified Candidates from minorities, indigenous groups, women, madhesi, dalit and people with disabilities from local level are highly encouraged to apply.
Agro Enterprise Center, FNCCI Building, Pachali Shahid Shukra FNCCI Milan Marg, Teku
P.O.Box 7651, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel:+977-1-4262260 / +977-1-4262245, Fax:+977-1-4261671, Email: email@example.com
Terms of References for the post of Chief Executive Officer.
The Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) is an umbrella organisation of the Nepalese private sector. It was established in 1965 with the aim of promoting business and industry while protecting the rights and interests of business and industrial communities, FNCCI has been playing a key role in promoting business and industry in the country. It provides, inter alia, information, advisory, consultative, promotional and representative services to business and government and organises training / workshop / seminar on a regular basis.