Dolma Himalayan Energy (DHE) is a renewable energy developer providing energy solutions through PV and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS). DHE is in the process of developing multiple solar PV projects in Nepal. Phase I of the development includes 150 MW of PV and 80 MWh of battery storage in central and mid-Western Nepal
DHE is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The Project Engineer will provide analysis, management, and resolution of business development, project development, construction and O&M phase issues for solar projects in coordination with project team members. This position is based in head office (Kathmandu) and on-site.
- Participate in business development activities, including site identification and desk study for potential solar sites.
- Determine the optimum choice of equipment (modules, inverter, structure) to meet and comply with project goals.
- Put together high-level schedule and cost roadmap for utility-scale, commercial & industrial projects.
- Prepare technical documents to obtain and maintain necessary permits and grid interconnection agreements.
- Review/Design projects compliant with applicable internal and external codes and standards.
- Manage external engineering consultants and Owner’s Engineer (OE) to provide engineering support for early stage and late stage projects.
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of applicable project engineering, construction and performance issues.
- Manage, create, and distribute contract documents.
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test and Inspection Listing, Concrete.
- Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report.
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase.
- Manage all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program.
- Establish reporting formats, protocols, schedules, and any off-site testing procedures.
- Manage submittals from Consultants and Contractors.
- Coordinate details of various subcontractors, including verifying insurance, preparing paperwork, and requesting final payment from Finance.
- Responsible for complying and monitoring Company HSE and quality goals on assigned projects.
- Responsible for assisting with coordination of key deliverables from design, procurement, construction, budget, and schedule goals of assigned projects, from project inception through project closeout.
- Assist with contracts from RFP through contract execution, including tracking deliverables, schedules, payments due, managing change orders, and providing notices or dispute resolution if required.
- Assist the procurement team to identify and order long lead substation equipment negotiation and execute the contract associated Purchase Order/ associated invoices.
- Assist with resource availability and operational needs to ensure achievement of established
- Assist with schedule and cost lifecycle of assigned projects through project closeout.
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-built construction documents.
- Coordinate safety and compliance for all team members.
- Prepare solar layouts for ground, roof and carport systems and preliminary 1-line electrical drawings.
- Host meetings.
- Maintain schedule of timelines and follow through until completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Civil, Construction Management Engineering or equivalent; or, 4 years in project management in electrical industries, construction or operations.
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on utility scale experience or equivalent in design and engineering of solar projects.
- Must have worked in a medium to large scale solar project with 10 MW projects and up.
- Willingness to travel and being able to work efficiently and productively in remote locations.
- Experience working with several technical consultants, owners’ engineers (OE) and independent engineers (IE) within the solar industry.
- OSHA 10 or equivalent safety training.
- Working knowledge of industry standard solar modeling software packages for modeling and estimation, e.g. as PVsyst, PlantPredict, NREL SAM etc. to create production estimates including
assumptions for losses due to equipment, electrical losses, temperature, and loading.
- Familiar with local permitting and grid connection requirements is a must.
- Familiar with renewables projects and their implementation and testing procedures.
- Strong process orientation.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Competent in MS Office and Google Drive.
- Experience in MS Project.
- Self-starter and desire to learn.
- Possess a basic understanding of construction-related laws and generally accepted business practices.
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills.
- Current driver’s license.
Submission: Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 GMT on the 22 nd of
DHE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.