POSITION: Project Field Coordinator
LOCATION: Rajapur, Bardiya, Nepal
TYPE: Full-time, 1-year contract with potential to extend
EXPERIENCE: Mid-level, 5+ year’s relevant experience
QUALIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree
SALARY: Competitive based on the experience and qualification
BACKGROUND AND ABOUT THE PROJECT
Stonestep is a growing Insurtech firm with operations in Switzerland, Singapore, Myanmar, Malaysia and Nepal which provides new insurance and assistance products designed for the mass- and micro-customers via partners, including micro-finance institutions, co-operatives, mobile network operators, mobile money, retailers, and others.
We are recruiting a Project Filed Coordinator to be based on field office with frequent visit to Kathmandu office. The Project Coordinator will work with various members of the project team to create comprehensive action plans concerning resources, budgets and timeframes for projects and oversee progress to make sure goals are met on time with technical expertise.
In achieving the pathways of climate resilience, we are implementing an Index-based flood insurance, as risk transfer instruments for the flood prone communities of lower Karnali, Nepal. Index Based Flood Insurance (IBFI) contributes to the development of the local insurance market by building consumer awareness and education of the importance of risk transfer mechanisms, ultimately increasing willingness to buy diverse insurance products as a means of risk transfer. The main objective of the project is to develop risk transfer mechanism for climate vulnerable smallholder farmers and marginalized people through the pilot of Index Based Flood Insurance (IBFI) in Western Nepal.
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions.
- Assess project risks and issues, design risk mitigation plan and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Plan budget and allocate resources in order to accomplish goals and maintain/monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Work closely with insurance partner in the field to roll out Index based Flood insurance product.
- Support the Admin and Account Staff for record keeping and financial reporting when needed.
- Contribute to the identification of needs for capacity-building actions through needs collection and analysis
- Provide orientation and capacity building training to the local staffs and community members in the areas designated by the project.
- Assist developing and strengthening networks of peers and professional contacts, within and outside the organization on relevant matters.
- Any other responsibilities as directed by senior level management
Coordinate and Organize
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings and document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Represent the project to local and national meetings, workshops and seminars as and when necessary.
- Coordinate timely delivery and installation of the materials necessary for field work.
- Ensure the smooth operation of field activities, including field safety and work quality.
- Satisfy stakeholder’s expectations and communicate with them throughout the project life cycle and ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Liaison with collaborating partners together with local level cooperatives, micro-finance institutions government officials, local organizations and stakeholders.
- Facilitate Identified Micro-finance Institute (MFI)/saving Cooperatives working in each of the selected communities as the group policyholder and principal distribution channel, representing the participating households.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Conduct field assessment including vulnerability assessment, risk assessment of the communities and identification of gaps for planning.
- Ensure the target communities are reached and they receive project benefits and monitor income situation (e.g., households, farmers, SME, etc.)
- Monitor the field activities to ensure the achievement in terms of physical targets on time and quality of the achievements.
- Monitor and track progress and performance by generating reports and other documentations.
- Visit project sites to verify the activities to be performed.
- Ensure the quality of products envisioned by IBFI component and the quality of the materials and services purchased for the project
- Record learning documents and manage program related documents with stipulated drive.
- Create, maintain, manage and upgrade database systems and software as needed.
- Prepare for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; coordinating design and programming.
- Keep track of budgets, project expenditures in the field and beneficiaries.
- Maintain compliance regulations.
- Maintain an archive of key documents and keeping records concerning project activity for reporting purposes.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to Grant and M&E manager.
- Prepare, implement and report annual, quarterly and monthly plans and reports for the project.
- Develop reports on team and project performance and review reports submitted by project teams.
- Share relevant documentation and reports with project teams.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of proven work experience in the related field mainly related to insurance product design, DRR & climate change, and sufficient experience in disaster risk transfer mechanism, Business development and marketing, private sector or public-private finance mechanisms.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in related field of study.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery.
- Good knowledge and experience of participatory approaches in program/ project development, planning and implementation, climate change and DRR interface
- Knowledge of Insurance, Index based Insurance, Micro-insurance, Micro finance institutions and co-operatives.
- Experience and knowledge in coordination with government, donors, partners, multilateral agencies and INGOs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to visualize complex processes and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team and experienced in team works and managing relationships.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks and an ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plan and competency in database applications and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and to plan, multi-task, resource management and manage time effectively.
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working in challenging and difficult situations in remote areas with vulnerable communities living in project areas
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Stonestep fosters a positive work environment with 5 working days a week where hard-working and entrepreneurial individuals can thrive. The work is rewarding but also challenging and you will be expected to be your best every day. This position provides a unique opportunity in an early-stage company to work with a team which believes in responsible social development to promote social and economic development.
OUR WORKPLACE AND CULTURE
You must be a hard-worker, responsible, detail and task oriented with a strong willingness to learn and challenge yourself. All our staff are expected to problem-solve at all levels of the organization, working independently and in groups, and take on additional tasks and responsibilities when required.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV along with their cover letter at email@example.com not later than 23 April 2021.