Independent Power Producers’ Association Nepal (IPPAN) announces vacancy for the post of Information Management Officer (IMO) to manage IPPAN’s information system. IPPAN invites applications from qualified professionals for the post of IMO under an initial one year contract, with possibility of review and further extension.
The applicant should be a graduate in computer science or a graduate in other subjects but conversant in Information Technology. S/He should have a minimum of one year experience in similar position. S/He should have experience of working with Government, semi-government, local institutions, NGOs or INGOs. Knowledge of office administration and GIS skills will be also be preferred. S/He should have excellent command over English and Nepali language (both oral and written) and strong computer and information management skills.
The job description of the Information Management Officer includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. To organize and manage the information of IPPAN office as per the rules and regulations set by IPPAN Executive Committee.
2. To design, develop and regularly update a database Management system to keep up to date information of :
i) Existing Power Plants, Transmission and Distribution network in Nepal.
ii) Institutions/Organizations involved in power sector.
iii) Consulting firms/Contractors/human resource involved in power sector.
iv) Power sector licensee and their status on project development.
v) Nepalese/International laws and regulations on power development.
vi) Potential new projects for development.
vii) And other relevant information.
3. To keep all the members of IPPAN informed about activities of IPPAN.
4. To coordinate with different relevant institutions and collect Data and Information from disparate sources, analyze and input collected data in the system on regular basis.
5. Update and upkeep the hydro-power map developed by IPPAN regularly.
6. To upgrade the existing Library Management Information system of IPPAN for more efficiency.
7. To obtain the relevant records, publications, and legal documents related to water resources developments, policies, guidelines including relevant acts, regulations, World Bank ADB and other donor agencies guidelines and periodicals to establish a library for reference by the members and
8. To collect details of online downloadable publications related to energy and update in the library database.
9. To update website of IPPAN regularly.
10. Develop different online tools to make IPPAN website more efficient and upgrade the existing online version of library data on regular basis with reference to offline library system.
11. Train IPPAN staffs on different IT issues as necessary.
12. To manage Local Area Network (LAN) of IPPAN.
13. To assist the Executive Manager for conduction of workshop, seminar and conference of IPPAN.
14. To assist the Executive Manager for overall function of the secretariat.
15. To represent IPPAN for programs and activities under the guidance and instructions of Executive Committee where a general presence of IPPAN is warranted and act on behalf of IPPAN in appropriate situations.
16. To follow general rules and guidelines of national interest while discharging the duties and responsibilities.
The compensation package for the IMO is negotiable and will be commensurate with the qualification of the successful candidate.
The IMO should be a Nepalese National. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants applying for the position of IMO shall submit or mail their application outlining their interest and suitability to the post along with latest resume/CV, passport size photo, academic credentials and experience letter reaching IPPAN office within 15th days from the first day of publication of the notice till 17:00 hours at the following address.
Independent Power Producers’ Association, Nepal Heritage Plaza II, Kamaladi, PO Box 20010 Kathmandu, Nepal Phone: 01-4169175 Email: email@example.com