Our global IT Director must bring a wealth of experience to setting up our critical systems and policies which will allow us to scale painlessly and securely. The position will be based in Nepal with a global eye. Our IT Department handles:
- Developing and Implementing all IT policies
- Network infrastructure
- Reliable and secure internet access for everyone in our facilities, while restricting access to unnecessary personal devices, illegal software downloading, or entertainment content.
- Ownership, design, and implementation of all standards and policies relating to network and information technology
- IT compliance for SOC and HIPAA attestations
- Desktop support for employees and CloudFactory-owned computers
- Patch management for all CloudFactory-owned computers
- Security systems setup and maintenance including access control readers, CCTV systems, etc.
- Procurement of physical machines and other hardware and the tracking of these assets
- Infrastructure/Security/Network setup and maintenance at Delivery Hubs around Kathmandu valley and Nairobi areas
- Internal communication tools
- Monitoring and mitigating situations of system abuse at CloudFactory facilities
The Global IT Director must have the capability to cast a compelling vision for IT operations at CloudFactory and must bring strong leadership to our IT teams and support staff. They will:
- Cast a long term Network infrastructure vision for the company globally, and oversee its execution.
- Evaluate bottlenecks to scale, produce a plan for procurement, installation, and maintenance, then manage the project with the team for flawless execution.
- Design security policies and implement goals according to budgets and company’s financial goals, then lead the team that will implement them.
- Lead aspects of SOC and HIPAA attestations which relate to physical and network security.
- Build a repeatable process for security and management of desktop and network security, as well as physical network and other types of technical security.
- Understand the opportunity cost of decisions, be able to prioritize various purchases, upgrades, and initiatives according to the critical needs of the company, its costs and revenue.
- Build and execute a plan to keep the internet uptime at 99.99% for our revenue-generating work being done, and for our full time employees.
- Build repeatable and reliable process for rolling out secure networking for efficient delivery hubs around Kathmandu and other cities in which we operate.
- Build repeatable, reliable workstation procurement policies and practices.
- Create a staffing plan and budget for scaling IT team as CloudFactory grows.
Skills and Experiences:
- 7-12 years of experience in managing complex IT systems
- Proven track record of leading teams
- Cross-cultural work experience
- Experience working with global business needs
- Expertise in network and desktop security strongly preferred
- Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure and distributed system is a plus
- Professional certifications equivalent to various Cisco Career Certifications are major pluses
- Education in Engineering in Computer Science or IT
The global IT staff will report to the Global IT Director, and this position will report to the Associate Vice President of Business Operations. The Director will work closely with various stakeholders in Engineering, Operations, Finance, Delivery, and more.
The Global IT Director will be possibly expected to travel between CloudFactory locations periodically. At this time, the locations include Durham, USA; Nairobi, Kenya; and Kathmandu, Nepal.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their resume with a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.