The Finance Officer will be responsible for managing and overseeing the financial operations of the organization. The main duties and responsibilities of the position include the following:
• Take the complete lead in bookkeeping and financial documentation.
• Prepare financial reports
• Email donors regarding financial reports and updates
• Guide field staff on financial documentation and compliance
• Ensure implementation of financial & HR policies and procedures
• Get necessary approvals, updates, and renewals from the Social Welfare Council and other relevant government agencies
• Communicate with statutory auditors and facilitate the annual statutory audits.
• Provide financial advice and support to the organization's management team
• Assist the Executive Director in preparing the budget and reconciling Budget every trimester
• Assist the Executive Director in developing new project proposals and funding applications
• Other tasks assigned by the Executive Director
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
• Strong understanding of financial management principles and practices
• Experience with budget reconciliation and proposal writing
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency in Nepali and English
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with underprivileged and marginalized communities & women. Two-wheeler and a valid license are a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and experience to (Email address: email@example.com) by 19th Feb 2023. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity in our workplace. We encourage women, differently able and people from underprivileged and marginalized groups to apply.
Creating Possibilities Nepal (CP Nepal) was founded in December 2006 by a group of professionals with a common vision and by the kind support of Himalayan Children Charities, USA. Our Board of Directors come from diverse backgrounds including children's rights, journalism, politics, social justice, and women’s activism. We envision a democratic society where all children, youth and women have their basic human needs fulfilled. The organization believes in the universal realization of human rights, transparency and good governance.Creating Possibilities Nepal strives to be a catalyst for positive change, support, empowerment, and progress. We invite you to learn more about our programs and activities and how we are making the changes we want to see. CP Nepal is a non-political, non-religious, non-profit social organization.