UNICEF, the world's leading children's rights organization, has openings for passionate and committed professionals who want to make a lasting difference for children in Nepal. We are seeking individuals with commitment for women and children, high drive for results, integrity, demonstrable teamwork, good self-awareness and self-regulation.
Vacancy Notice No. NEPA/2015-85:
Post Title: Programme Officer (Adolescent Development)
â€‹Post Level: National Officer (NO-B)
Appointment Type: Temporary Appointment, 364 days
Post Location: Bharatpur
Purpose of the post:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Adolescent Development and Participation Section, the purpose of this position is to coordinate the initiatives undertaken by UNICEF Nepal on ending child marriage, and provide support to government and partners in drafting the implementation plan of the National Strategy, coordinating partners, monitoring implementation by UNICEF and partners and other relevant work in adolescent development and participation.
Your profile for the post:
• University degree in Social Sciences (Gender and Development, Public Policy, Sociology, etc.) or all related fields
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional work experience in areas related to adolescent development, gender, advocacy, documentation, coordination and facilitation of multi-sectoral stakeholders (e.g., government ministries, civil society organizations, development partners) for policy/strategy development in any relevant areas.
• Functional Competencies: Formulating strategies and concepts, Analyzing, Applying technical expertise, Learning and researching, Planning and organizing (For details on UNICEF Competency framework, please visit: http://unicef.org.np/vacancies).
• The candidate must have excellent command of written and spoken English and Nepali.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
Applications should be received by 15 December 2015. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity, meet the above profile and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send your application along with the UNICEF Personal History Form (P-11) quoting vacancy notice number and position applied for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the UNICEF Personal History Form (P-11) and detailed Job Profile.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
*** UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ***