Vacancy Notice No: VN#NP/82/15
Position Title: Programme Coordinator - 1 position
Classification: SAI, 6 months with possibility of extension, ungraded (equivalent to Grade – 7)
In response to the major humanitarian crisis caused by an earthquake in Nepal, IOM is mobilizing staff from different professions, to assist the people and authorities of affected areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and in coordination with relevant project staff the successful candidate will assist the Head of Sub-Office to oversee the day to day operations of IOM programmes, coordination of the staff team and to ensure the efficiency and functionality of IOM programme support sectors including finance and administration, reporting, transport and logistics, and monitoring and evaluation, in line with IOM Mission guidelines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:.
1. Assist the Head of Sub-Office to direct the programmatic activities of the Sub-Office in line with IOM’s rules and procedures, and in close coordination with head office (IOM Kathmandu).
2. Coordinate the Sub-Office staff team in cooperation with the Head of Sub-Office to ensure efficiency in the delivery of services of IOM projects and accuracy in immediate reporting required to IOM Kathmandu, particularly with regards to Shelter/NFI pipeline, CCCM, Debris Removal and other sector functions for which IOM is responsible.
3. Report regularly to Kathmandu on operations, ensuring reliable channels and mechanisms of communication with Head Sub-Office and compliance of reporting by each of the IOM programmes represented within the Sub-Office.
4. Conduct daily/weekly coordination meetings with all IOM projects present inside the Sub-Office to ensure that programmes are harmonized, fully interlinked, and in-line with donor outlined goals and objectives, as well as IOM mandate and strategic framework. This particularly relates to fulfilling goals related to the targeting of specific populations, and gathering disaggregated data required by the donor, particularly relating to prioritization of vulnerable groups and /or regional areas.
5. Assist in the development of a monitoring and evaluation framework for IOM programmes and ensure that IOM targets are met.
6. In coordination with the Head of Sub-Office, represent IOM as necessary at inter-agency cluster meetings and with humanitarian and early recovery stakeholders.
7. Keep abreast of all interagency assessments, reports, and other relevant material and ensure programmatic staff members are well-informed of their operating environment.
8. Identify any weakness in programmatic delivery, or constraints in the operational environment, and ensure these are addressed in the Sub-Office in coordination with the Head of Sub-Office and IOM Kathmandu.
9. Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Sub-Office or Kathmandu.
Required Qualifications and Competencies: