PROGRAM COORDINATOR â€ 1 (One year term)
This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent travels to program districts of Nepal. With the coordination of IMC Officer, s/he will be responsible for implementation of the program activities including planning, activity implementation, monitoring, documentation, logistics management and reporting.
A. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out shelter and livelihood assessment of the target groups at source to destination districts of the migrant workers of carpet industries.
• Undertake the proper planning of project activities and monitoring of the activity of project in consultation with the supervisor.
• Supervision and control the project activities as per NGF policies & guidelines for rehabilitation project.
• Carry out the stakeholders meetings in Kathmandu and project districts and maintaining the meeting minutes and reporting to concerned officials.
• Checking the submission of statements of expenditures, progress reports and other related documents and recommendations for payments submitted by program monitor.
• Preparation of progress reports of project and submission to the senior management team of NGF.
• Prepare budget reports for monthly meeting of the earthquake relief sub committee and management team of NGF.
• Manage day to day operations of the project activities form their timely and effective implementation.
• Maintain consistent records/documentation of team members' performance and its appraisals.
• Work in close coordination with Executive Director, relief sub committee and NGF management team.
• Administration, monitoring and reporting on the project's sub agreements with beneficiaries.
• Coordinate at local level with government and non government entities for the project planning and carry out the project activities.
B. Other Conditions:
1. Project coordinator shall perform the job under the supervision of the IMC Officer.
2. In carrying the duties and responsibilities, the Project Coordinator shall be guided by GoodWeave policies, financial and personnel rules and regulations, plan and budget.
3. The Project Coordinator shall cooperate with the other Section/Staffs of NGF to carry out additional functions in the organization.
4. When needed, working hours shall not be limited to the normal office hours of NGF.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in social sciences or related field from recognized university, Master's Degree is preferable
• Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in management level in social or disaster management sector,
• Good understanding and well aware on rehabilitation and recovery policies/instruments for post disaster scenario, familiar with child rights scenario and issues.
• Good interpersonal communications, negotiation and influencing skills, computer proficiency & good in written and spoken English and Nepali languages.