International Medical Corps is a nonprofit humanitarian organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering by providing medical relief, health care training, and development programs that build self-reliance. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide. International Medical Corps has responded to every major disaster of the last 30 years, delivering more than $2 billion in assistance and training in more than 70 countries.
International Medical Corps is working in support of the Government of Nepal’s response efforts. We were among the first INGOs on the ground and operational following the earthquake, providing medical treatment and essential supplies. Our technical staff on the ground now includes physicians, nurses, surgeons, as well as specialists in water, sanitation and hygiene, mental health and psycho-social support and nutrition.
The Logistics Officer works under the guidance and supervisor of the Field Site Manager. She/He is responsible for the overall logistics management activities, procurement activities, fleet management activities, warehouse management activities at IMC field office in Gorkha. She/He supervise the staff working in the logistics department in field office. She/He is responsible for the collection of information and the production of the monthly logistics report.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in field-level planning formulation in the area of logistics. Participate in programme planning and advising on logistics considerations.
• Provide technical and operational support to the field office, as well as advice on application of logistics management best practice, systems and procedures. Take initiative in management improvement for the logistic function.
• Ensure the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of new initiatives and procedures related to logistics.
• Design, implement and manage contracts in forwarding, Office/Warehouse transport and warehousing, where necessary.
• Represent IMC’s interests within inter-agency logistics activities.
• Assist in Managing a local warehouse and goods consolidation point in order to permit the rapid movement of humanitarian supplies. Assist in designing and implementing warehouse management and commodity tracking system.
• Ensure timely transmission of logistics report to the logistics manager.
Minimum Education and Qualification:
• Bachelor degree in any discipline or related field.
• Three years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international level in logistics. Varied supply/logistics functional background an asset, from procurement to warehousing, transport management and distribution to beneficiaries.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and systems.
• Good analytical and negotiating skills.
• Good knowledge of computer management and MS applications.
• Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written or oral form in English.
How to Apply:
The job post is listed in jobsnepal.com. Individuals can submit the required documents either on the job post at the website or mail it to the email address mentioned there. The deadline is 15th May 2016, 5:00 pm.
• Qualified individuals should submit their applications as soon as possible
• A complete cover letter and resume in English
• List of referees
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview