"Qualified FEMALE candidates and candidates from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply."
External Vacancy Announcement (VA) for the post of Driver, SC-2
External VA number: WFP CO Nepal/Administration Unit-2017-E-05
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC)
Required number of post: One (1)
Duty Station: Jumla, Nepal
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) and Field Offices (FOs). Job holders report to the Administration Officer, Logistics Officer or the designate, and drive light vehicles, trucks, vans, motorcycles or any other type of land transport. They may also be assigned to operate speed boats or other types of watercrafts. The job may involve basic administrative assistance in the office or stores.
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
3. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
4. Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
5. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
6. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
7. Perform any other duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge of driving operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The interested and qualified Nepalese nationals ONLY are encouraged to apply with an updated UN Personal History Form (P11) and CVs (optional) to the position announced.
The duration of contract: 31 December 2017
The position is based in Jumla district, Nepal.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Date of issuance of External Vacancy Announcement: 13 April 2017
Deadline for applications: 26 April 2017
To apply, please visit http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Candidates are requested to Create an account in system before applying. Candidate curriculum vitae, UN Personal Histoty Form (P11) and applications will be registered allowing profile updates, apply for a job through wfp career website.
Please send an updated UN Personal History Form (P 11) and application via e-mail to email@example.com addressed to:
The Representative, WFP Nepal Country Office, Chakupat, Patan Dhoka Road, Lalitpur, Nepal
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever. No telephone enquiries will be entertained.