|No. of Vacancies||:||1|
|Experience||:||5+year’s relevant experience in NGO /INGO.|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Level||:||Mid Level|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelor degree in finance/commerce|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-12-9 - Expired|
1. Position Description
Position: Finance /Admin Officer
Employer: Sunrise Children Association Inc. (SCAI) Australia
Reporting To: Country Director, SCAI Nepal
Contract period: Until end June 2019 (following a 3-month probationary period), with possibility of extension based on performance and project need.
Commencement: As soon as possible
Types of contract: Full time, periodical (renewal on 12 monthly bases after June 2019)
Location: Based in Kathmandu with frequent visits to field, particularly Nuwakot, and possibly others as per need.
SCAI Australia’s work focuses on the protection and development of disadvantaged and vulnerable children and their families in Nepal. SCAI is implementing various programs in Nepal, taking a holistic development approach, aimed at reducing poverty and improving the standard of living to ensure families are able to provide the basic needs for their children, including a good education and a nurturing family environment. Programs are largely centered on education scholarship programs with sustainable livelihood support. In addition, SCAI runs a residential child care home, a reintegration program and community school support in partnership with local NGO/NGOs.
SCAI, through these projects, aims to provide temporary support, strongly believing in empowering targeted groups to improve their livelihood condition, make them independent, and prosperous. SCAI believes that family and community are the key influencers on preserving and promoting the best interest of children. In this context, SCAI is looking for a highly motivated, committed candidate who is interested to join our team and help bring sustainable livelihood solutions for the people we serve.
The FO is expected to carry out all financial activities of INGO and monitor the partner NGOs at its project level, ensuring good governance and compliance at all times.
- Be familiar and adhere to the Mission, Vision, Values, Strategy and Objectives of SCAI.
- Be familiar with and abide by the rules, regulations, guidelines and policies of SCAI.
- Be familiar and strictly adhere to the Code of Conduct of SCAI.
- Be actively involved in all stages of budgeting, including planning, implementation, monitoring, review and reporting.
- Keep up to date information about the latest government policies, directives, and bylaws in connection to finance.
- Be aware and respect the cultural value and gender sensitivity of the society.
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities.
- To ensure the smooth functioning of financial management systems according to the policies, rules and regulations of SCAI and government of Nepal.
- Prepare Journal, ledger and required financial reports according to needs of SCAI and its donor.
- To manage payroll, cash flow projection, budget forecast.
- Handling the petty cash.
- To maintain proper filing systems
- To maintain the record of office equipment in the inventory register, and to ensure all assets and office resources are maintained in good condition.
- Ensure monthly salaries and benefits of the staffs of SCAI Nepal are paid on time.
- Make necessary visit to banks and other stations to ensure timely payment of governmental taxes, internet bills, salary, house rent or any other payments subject to tax at source.
- Be responsible for the renewal of tax exemption and PAN.
- Visit/facilitate/support NGOS for the social audit in close coordination with Program Manager.
- Update relevant data of SCAI to Aid Management Platform (AMP) as per the need of GoN.
- Review the expenses and related evidence of SCAI Nepal and its partner NGOs so to ensure that the expenses are as per the defined policies and procedures of the INGO and report to the Country Director in case discrepancies are noted, including checking invoices of any suppliers or consultants prior to payment.
- Ensure that financial reports required by the government including MOF, SWC are prepared within the required time frame, subject to availability of required information/records on time.
- To liaise between staff and partner NGOs to ensure good communication, accountability and transparency.
- Provide the Country Director with monthly financial report (including the detail of expenses made during the month in a specified format, petty cash record and Tally report).
- Provide any other reports needed by SCAI head office in Australia
- Provide suggestions to NGO partner to improve systems and adherence to governments and SCAI’s and GoN financial policies, to ensure highest possible standards are being used.
- Check NGO records on a regular basis to ensure correct financial processes are being followed and full transparency under SCAI’s Financial Policy and Manual.
- To prepare necessary and facilitate auditing of the organization by qualified auditor.
- Any other tasks that are needed to ensure accurate records are being maintained and reported by INGO and NGO partners, and that INGO is working to best practice standards.
- Maintain office premises and ensure that office premises & equipment are well maintained, clean and functioning.
- Ensure leave records, attendance kept in order
- Ensure log books, travel and transportation records are kept in order
- Procurement planning and implementation
- Maintain staff personal file
- Maintain filling for organizational policies, guidelines and other documents.
- Ensure efficient office supplies
- Any other office support
- Carry any other task assigned by SCAI.
Opportunities for growth
- We have an outstanding team with strong solidarity and sense of “We” feeling. We provide high opportunity for learning and growth.
Salary and allowances
- The salary is commensurable for the suitable candidate, subject to negotiation depending on the candidate’s educational background, skills and experience.
- As per the staff policy of organization.
5. Qualification and Competencies
- Nepalese citizenship
- Ability to establish strong financial control mechanism
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent command of English (written and verbal), MS Office (particularly excel),TALLY and documentation
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Mature, confident and willing to go on field visits as required
- Sound social background and special respect to children and marginalized families.
- Female, mature and confident, with high level of integrity, positivity and team attitude.
- Motorbike or scooter license strongly preferred.
Note: The job description is subject to revision as per the need of organization.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
SCAI Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply with an application letter stating the suitability of candidate for this position.
A latest CV, passport size photo, copy of citizenship should be attached along with application. Application must be submitted by 9th Dec 2018, 5pm to email@example.com .
Applications received after deadline will not be accepted. Candidates from disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. SCAI Australia requires that everybody associated with it abide by the Child Protection Policy.
A candidate needs to submit police report prior to final appointment.
This job is expired.