The anticipated five-year contract is to assist USAID/Nepal in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from rigorous M&E activities in order to support the achievement of their three Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objectives (DO): (1) More inclusive and effective governance; (2) Inclusive and sustainable economic growth to reduce extreme poverty; and (3) Increased human capital. These outputs from the contract will enable USAID/Nepal to facilitate informed program management, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and comply with Agency accountability and M&E requirements. The project is anticipated to have three components:
- Support rigor and coherence in M&E efforts (PMP, M&E plans, capacity building of Mission and IPs).
- Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments (PEs, IEs, surveys, etc.).
- Support improved knowledge management.
SI is seeking a Senior Evaluation Specialist for the USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity. The position is full-time, will be based in Kathmandu, and is anticipated to begin summer 2020.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Nepalese citizens will be eligible to apply.**
- Oversee evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality development and production of all evaluation reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Ensure that short- and long-term evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the overall evaluation effort, and in conjunction with the Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Lead, help make the Mission’s IPs learning and adaptive partners for all USAID’s assistance efforts in Nepal.
- Work with COP, Monitoring Lead, and CLA Lead, ensuring that evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in country.
- Support the USAID/Nepal’s staff in accessing strategic learning tools, as well as in providing guidance and support to the project’s evaluation services component including but not limited to monitor and evaluate activities to create knowledge mobilization, and knowledge management mechanisms.
- Provide support, leadership and technical expertise to overall management of the project to ensure that the project meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of eight years professional work experience in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations including impact and performance, analyses and assessments.
- Proven skills in evaluation design, methods, quantitative and qualitative methodologies and analysis.
- Excellent data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, among others.
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
- Experience providing groups of various sizes and one-on-one training and mentoring on evaluation- related subjects.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts desired.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.