The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus project is Abt’s follow-on project to USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. In Nepal, SHOPS Plus will support Contraceptive Retail Sales (CRS), a local social marketing organization, to increase the availability of and demand for priority family planning and maternal and child health (MCH) supplies. SHOPS Plus Nepal will also provide targeted technical assistance to strengthen the long-term viability of CRS to deliver these products and services.
SHOPS Plus Nepal is seeking a Project Country Representative (CR) with experience designing, implementing and managing social marketing projects in developing countries to provide leadership and strategic direction for the SHOPS Plus Nepal program. The CR has overall responsibility and accountability to USAID/Nepal for ensuring that the SHOPS Plus project team provides high-quality technical products and services, delivers required results, and uses resources efficiently. S/he provides oversight and approval for all procurements, consultant invoices, workplans, annual reports, etc. and ensures that all local procurement and management arrangements meet Abt Associates and USAID requirements. S/he reports to the Asia Regional Manager based in Bethesda to ensure proper coordination and communication for successful project implementation.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
Managerial and technical
Oversee the design and implementation of the SHOPS Plus Nepal program using social marketing strategies to ensure branded products and services are reaching the intended target groups in both the public and private sectors.
Lead planning and implementation of technical assistance to CRS, including identifying and clarifying TA needs, sourcing, scheduling and coordinating appropriate technical expertise, providing oversight to the quality of work, timelines and costs. Manage implementation of subcontracts and partnerships with local and international partners.
Serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Nepal, Ministry of Health, and other donors and stakeholders.
· Lead technical communication and discussion with USAID/Nepal regarding work plan, activity updates, reporting, budget, and deliverables. Meet with the USAID on a regular basis to keep him/her updated about the project.
· Track progress of project results and ensure proper documentation of workplan status to home office and USAID/Nepal.
Manage project staff, ensuring that SHOPS Plus runs smoothly.
· Manage all technical assistance.
· Ensure the timely preparation and submission of semi-annual report, annual report, and other deliverables specified in the agreement.
· Provide management and budgetary oversight on SHOPS Plus project implementation to ensure all activities are completed within the agreed to timeframe and budget.
· Ensure all processes and procedures for project implementation are compliant with USAID and Abt policies.
· Master’s Degree (minimum) in Public Health, Business Administration, Finance, or other related fields.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in international development, including at least 5 years designing, implementing and managing social marketing projects in developing countries.
· Experience in social and behavior change communications, brand development and commodity distribution for at least one of the following health areas is preferred: MCH, family planning, HIV, nutrition, and/or water.
· Experience developing project vision, aligning key stakeholders around that vision, and assuring that the vision is translated into implementable strategies.
· Demonstrated consulting skills
· Excellent organizational and planning skills, with demonstrated attention to details.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in managing private sector interventions.
· Experience interacting with host county governments and counterparts and international donor agencies at high levels.
· Proven professional experience in Nepal.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to SHOPSPlus_Nepal@abtassoc.com with “Country Representative” in the subject line by May 31, 2016.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to SHOPSPlus_Nepal@abtassoc.com with “Country Representative” in the subject line.