|Title:||Sr. Country Officer/ Country officer|
|Background / General description:|
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is the private sector arm of the World Bank Group (WBG) and the largest multilateral provider of financing for private enterprise in developing countries. Our mission is to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, helping to reduce poverty and to improve people's lives. IFC finances private sector investments, including equity investments, mobilizes capital in international financial markets facilitates trade, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advisory services to businesses and governments.
Sr. Country Officer play an important role in the implementation of IFC and World Bank Group strategies. S/He reports to the Country Manager for Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal and supports the Nepal Resident Representative in all aspects of the IFC Investment and Advisory program in Nepal along with business development and relationship management with key clients.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
|Duties and Accountabilities:|
(i) Maintain strong relationships with key ministries, agencies, and business community. Educate the Government, international and business community have awareness of IFC’s strategy, value addition and projects, including investment and advisory engagements and our standards and requirements.
(ii) Lead the effort to have IFC representation/involvement at key private sector and public sector events and meetings as appropriate, and dissemination of information to relevant staff within IFC.
(iii) Guided by the Regional/ Country Manager, support development and execution of the country strategy. Report on IFC activities in the country for management.
(iv) Develop partnership with WB Country Office and project teams to achieve WBG country goals, including input on Private Sector Development. Identify, encourage, and backstop cooperation initiatives within WBG.
(v) Contribute to business development for investment projects. Participate in missions, concept review meetings, and appraisal of projects.
(vi) Liaise with IFC investment teams to monitor progress and performance of projects and to solve potential problems. Assist Regional Director and Country Manager and project teams in doing integrity and other due diligence on local sponsors and businesses. Identify key country and sponsor reputational risks.
(vii) Support business development and fundraising for advisory services projects. Identification of potential partners, projects, and donors. Monitor implementation, approvals, and portfolio of advisory projects. Develop links between WBG joint Global Practices and IFC Advisory projects to deliver outcomes.
(viii) Oversee gathering data and information on sectors, trends, and terms of domestic and international investment.
(ix) Support development of country office communications strategy. Ensure dissemination of key program information on achievements and events.
(x) Back up Resident Representative/ Country Manager for office administration, business continuity, and financial approvals for the IFC office.
• A Masters (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive, professional experience (after the Masters) in relevant fields- industry, infrastructure, banking, relationship management in public and/or private sector particularly related to private sector development and/or business environment.
• Professional or educational background in business, economics, or public affairs.
• Strategic Thinking. Proven ability to think strategically and articulate strategic position. .
• Stakeholder Engagement - Ability to advance and make substantive contributions to the country dialogue.
• Client Orientation - Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
• Drive for Results - Identifies the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Shows leadership in ensuring the team stays organized and focused, and actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Leads in the sharing of best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear and compelling way across audiences of varied levels.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Gathers inputs, assesses risk, considers impact and articulates benefits of decisions for internal and external stakeholders over the long term.