SENIOR PROJECT ASSISTANT
Position Title : Senior Project Assistant
Condition of Employment : Full-time based in UNESCO Kathmandu Office
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Salary scale : SB 2, Band E, Step 2
Net monthly Salary: NPR 72,753.
Additional benefits: Provident fund & Medical insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall coordinate the implementation of the project “Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through the provision of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and a Safe Learning Environment in Nepal”, under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Office in Kathmandu and UNESCO Representative to Nepal, and direct supervision of National Programme Officer (Education).
In particular, s/he shall:
1. Assist in planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities by:
2. Assist in providing logistical and administrative support for meetings, workshops, conferences, seminars etc. by:
3. Assist in preparing various types of contracts by:
4. Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
5. Assure that project expenditures are in compliance with approved project budgets;
6. Assist in preparation of necessary project documents;
7. Assist in production and distribution of publications by:
8. Provide support in arrangement of missions by making necessary arrangements for travel including necessary follow up;
9. Assist in maintaining good communication with national and international stakeholders and entities;
10. Carry out general secretarial duties including editing/finalizing and production of documents, letters, email, faxes and drafting correspondence;
11. Maintain systematic filing of the projects and related documents (reports, letters, administrative documents, project proposals etc.) on a regular basis (both electronically and in hard copies);
12. Travel on field missions whenever possible and required by any project or activity planned and as advised by the UNESCO Head of Office;
13. Perform any other duties and undertake any other tasks as requested and assigned by the Head of Office and/or the supervisor.
How to Apply: