Under the framework of the UNESCO-UNFPA-UN Women Joint Programme for the Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women, the UNESCO Office in Kathmandu is implementing the project “Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through the provision of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and a Safe Learning Environment in Nepal” with support from the Republic of Korea and in close cooperation with the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education and the Nepal National Commission for UNESCO.
Position Title : Project Coordinator
Condition of Employment : Full-time based in UNESCO Kathmandu Office, with frequent field visits
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Salary scale : SB 4, Band B, Step 3
Net monthly Salary: NPR 120,434
Additional benefits: Provident fund & Medical insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall coordinate the implementation of the project “Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through the provision of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and a Safe Learning Environment in Nepal”, under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Office in Kathmandu and UNESCO Representative to Nepal, and direct supervision of National Programme Officer (Education).
In particular, s/he shall:
1. Assure overall operational and programmatic coordination and implementation of the country programme. This includes:
(a) Convening joint programme meetings with Participating UN Organizations;
(b) Coordinating the development of joint annual work plans;
(c) Facilitating results-based monitoring, evaluation and reporting of results, based on the requirements of the project included in the project agreement;
(d) Document lessons learned from the Joint Programme, including approaches, methodologies, tools, success and challenges, with a view to sustainability, programme scale up and support to south-south-learning and knowledge exchange.
2. Convene regular coordination meetings with Participating UN Organizations, and establish close coordination with the ministry of education and other relevant ministries and the national mechanisms for gender mainstreaming/gender equality;
3. Participate in appropriate national, regional and global forums on gender, education and health, and identify opportunities for synergies with national policy development, standard setting, and programming;
4. Support Joint Programme communications, including providing inputs for websites, press releases, speeches, presentations, to raise the visibility of the girls’ and women’s education and the partnerships between UN Women, UNFPA, the donor and UNESCO Headquarters;
5. Facilitate the development of a transparent inter-agency resource mobilization strategy, and play an active role with Joint Programme partners in resource mobilization, including proposal developments, submission and follow-up with donors;
6. Perform any other duties and undertake any other tasks as requested and assigned by the Head of Office and/or the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
1) Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in education, gender studies, social science or international development;
2) Minimum 7 years of experience of working in the area of education, gender and/or development, preferably with a UN agency, an INGO or a Government of Nepal entity;
3) 2 years of experience of working in project planning and management;
4) Good knowledge in the following areas:
Initiatives of different agencies in the area of adolescent girl’s education
Education system in Nepal
UNESCO’s action in education
Sustainable development goals
5) Project planning, management and evaluation skills;
6) Sound knowledge of IT skills required including word processing, data management, presentation software and other relevant professional software;
7) Very good written and oral communication skills in Nepali and English;
8) Experience in educational planning would be an asset.
How to Apply:
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application including a motivation letter in English and the completed UNESCO CV form, accompanied by a recent passport size photograph and copies of diplomas indicating the ‘Position Title’ to the following address NOT LATER THAN 8 September 2016:
UNESCO Representative to Nepal
UNESCO Office in Kathmandu
P.O. Box 14391
Email : email@example.com
UNESCO CV Form can be downloaded from the UNESCO Kathmandu website at http://www.unesco.org/new/en/kathmandu/about-this-office/single-view/news/vacancy_announcement_multiple_positions/#.V7-3T0197cs
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a test and/or interview.
The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.