Position: Programme Manager / Office Manager
Reporting to: Chairman of the Board of Management
Location: Kathmandu Terms: 2 year fixed term contract Staff, 40 hours per week
Salary: 45,000 NPR per month plus benefits
Deadline for Applications: 5th August 2015
• Follow process for signing up new organisations including maintenance of databases, financial processing and Award Leader training.
• Manage ongoing relationships and be first point of call for organisations delivering The Award.
• Provide services to Award Leaders with frequent support to maintain Award standards and encourage engagement and participation
• Ensure the Participant database is maintained tracking participants enrolled in each Operating Authority Unit at each level (Bronze / Silver / Gold)
• Support Board of Management with Policy development and documentation for the organisation start up and validation process with IAF.
• Provide Secretarial support for Board of Management – meeting arrangements and minute taking
• Manage phone / email enquiries in the National Award Office
Communications & Events
• Manage annual communications matrix in liaison with Board of Management and international Award colleagues as appropriate.
• Manage the delivery of communications copy, information and images for News stories and reporting
• Develop content and manage contributions for stakeholder communications including: IAF, Patrons, Board of Management, Licensee Management, Award Leaders, Activity Coaches, Assessors, Participants & Award Holder Alumni
• Co-ordinate with IAF Youth Representatives for “life after Gold” and “IGE” activities for Nepal Alumni Group
• Set up annual training calendar
• Oversee Interns and assistant to deliver the training according to budget and plan. Merchandise
• Manage production of branded merchandise for the NAO according to procurement policy
• Supplier management for merchandise suppliers
• Promotion of merchandise as an income stream for the programme. E.g. CHANCE Ebay Shop online and Distribution sites in Nepal
Support other team members and Board & Management Committee as required.
• At least five years in a programme management or operations role.
• Demonstrable experience of managing and implementing capacity building and training programmes
• Experience of working on communications and preferably working with the media to generate press coverage.
• Solid experience and understanding of online/social media channels. Successful delivery of a variety of simultaneous projects.
• Well versed in account management and customer service.
• Experience in managing financial budgeting and reporting systems including regulatory compliance reporting in Nepal.
• Excellent communication skills, with an enthusiastic, tenacious and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
• Ability to creatively problem solve on own initiative.
• Strong relationship building ability, able to deliver through others and manage multitude of stakeholders from Patrons and donors to Volunteers.
• Excellent attention to detail. Strong organisation skills and ability to multi-task. Experienced user of Microsoft Office.
• Educated to degree level
• Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD).