1. Prepare legal documents and agreements such as Joint Venture Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, among others and in registration of legal entities related to the organization's projects.
2. Take legal ownership of agreements with developers and investors such as Memorandum of Understanding, Memorandum of Minutes, & Joint Venture Agreements.
3. Minimize legal risk associated with project implementation by managing legal matters and providing support on legal issues pertaining to large, complex projects.
4. Work with Ministry of Law & Justice and other relevant ministries to effectively coordinate and facilitate the organization's legal obligations.
5. Work with project teams and other internal stakeholders to develop legal frameworks and standardized documentation to be applied consistently across projects.
6. With possession of an intimate knowledge of the Nepali legal system, legislation, and their implications on business and projects, coordinate with external and international legal counsels
7. Provide written and verbal legal opinions on matters to senior management and government officials.
Master's degree or equivalent in Law or Law related Field. Must have a license to practice law in Nepal.
Experience & Ability:
· 3 or more years experience in a similar function.
· Must possess very good leadership capability with the ability to hold dialogue
with officials from external agencies.
· Must be intimately associated with the courts and the Bar Association of Nepal.
Knowledge & Skills:
· possess very good understanding of Nepali legislation and regulations across sectors, especially related but not limited to investments, industry, business, infrastructure, environment, finance and social.
· ability to type crisp and clear legal documents in Nepali and English, both.
· Possess very good knowledge of international arbitration rules and international best legal practices.
· Excellent analytical, planning, networking, communication, interpersonal & presentation skills.
Interested individuals are invited to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org comprising:
· Cover Letter
· Resume (not exceeding 3 pages), outlining experience and qualification
· Names of 2 Referees who can be contacted in confidence
Deadline of the application is 29 April 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.