The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Cultural Affairs Assistant.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Cultural Affairs Assistant
OPENING DATE: October 16, 2015
CLOSING DATE: October 30, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Cultural Affairs Officer (CAO), and in consultation with the Cultural Affairs Specialist, the incumbent develops and helps implement the Mission’s Cultural and Educational Affairs program, with emphasis on outreach to youth and minority communities in Kathmandu and throughout the country as appropriate. The incumbent also provides input into various exchanges including International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA), Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI); speaker programs; visits by American cultural and musical representatives; and liaison with Post-defined target audiences. The incumbent assists in identifying possible grantees and candidates and suggests appropriate U.S. programs for selected candidates.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Education or Social Sciences is required.
2. Three years of experience working in the field of public relations, NGO management, media or academic is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Nepali is required.
4. Good knowledge of Nepal's social and cultural movements, political and economic developments, educational structure and institutions is required. Good knowledge of the U.S. society, government, educational structures and social and political processes is required.
5. The ability to communicate effectively with individuals in different sectors of the host government and society is required. The ability to coordinate extensive thematic, exchanges, and other cultural programs is required. The ability to use Windows-based computer applications, especially Excel, is required. Professional writing skills are required.
Interested applicants must submit Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) or a current resume or CV that provides all information as found in the DS-174, and copies of other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of education certificates) that address the qualification requirements of the position. The DS-174 can be downloaded from the US Embassy website: http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Email: email@example.com (write “Application for Cultural Affairs Assistant” in the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Cultural Affairs Assistant”)
US EMBASSY AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THE U.S. MISSION IS A DISABILITY FRIENDLY WORK PLACE
Vacancy Announcements are distributed by the Embassy Human Resources Office, Ext. 4557 Contact
the Human Resources Office for further details regarding this announcement