DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The candidate will report to Francesca Lo Re, Senior Operations Officer covering Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan. The candidate will interact closely with the Practice Manager, Jennifer Isern. The candidate will also work with other colleagues in the F&M teams based in Delhi, Mumbai, Dhaka, Colombo, Thimphu, and Kathmandu and will also work with colleagues in Washington and other parts of the Global Practice.
The Nepal and Bhutan Finance & Markets program consists in a range of ASA services within Pillar 2, financial infrastructure and access and comprises Environment and Social Risk management for financial sector, financial inclusion (SME banking, microfinance, consumer protection, financial awareness), and financial infrastructure.
The Operations Officer will:
• Serve as operations officer for Finance & Markets in Nepal and Bhutan;
• Lead and/or support the TTLs in the project management and implementation of the financing and advisory program in Nepal and Bhutan, including developing excellent client relations, designing projects for meaningful development impact, ensuring IFC and F&M procedures are respected, reporting to the donor(s) and monitoring implementation progress, managing consultants and coordinating within the team, providing background research, and contributing to reports and knowledge work. Depending on the specialization and level of experience, the Operations Officer can assume more responsibility for specific tasks in the area of expertise in agreement with the TTL;
• Play a catalytic role in developing the pipeline for F&M financing and ASA activities, either as support or as task team leader on specific projects in Nepal and Bhutan and the region;
• Assist in (or when task team leader, be responsible for) the identification, negotiation and preparation of new technical assistance and financing projects and procuring consulting services for F&M clients;
• Assist the F&M team in raising external funding at the global and local level;
• Participate in the financial sector dialogue at both policy and technical level and support the development of new engagements;
• Contribute to regional F&M strategy in South Asia to maximize joint IFC-WB’s development impact;
• Liaise between the F&M team and clients/partners on specific financing or advisory activities;
• Contribute to strategy development and the work plan for the F&M team;
• Participate in / lead other initiatives as opportunities arise.
Candidates must have the following technical qualifications:
• Master degree or equivalent in economics, finance, business, or related discipline.