Position Title : Associate Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Coordinator
Reports To : Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Manager
Department : Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E)
Base Location : Country Office, Kathmandu with frequent visit to working districts
Supervises : N/A
The Associate Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Coordinator will support the DM&E Manager and the program teams in developing and implementing SFCG's monitoring system; preparing monitoring reports; designing and conducting baseline studies and research; conducting capacity enhancement events/training; and in contributing to program design.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Accountabilities Key Activities
- Assist the DM&E Manager in developing M&E strategy and plans, log-frames and result frameworks for SFCG's programs and projects;
- Assist the DM&E Manager in designing and conducting surveys, evaluations, listenership surveys, mini surveys and occasional researches and other programmatic assessments;
- Regularly communicate, follow up and discuss with program team to make the project monitoring effective and result oriented. Provide capacity building training and on-site coaching to the partner organizations to effectively implement the monitoring systems and in documentation;
- Work closely with the partner organizations in developing monitoring plans and monitor their implementation in consultation with the DM&E Manager;
- Contribute in developing monitoring databases and ensure all programs and outcomes are properly recorded;
- In coordination with DM&E Manager and Project Managers, prepare M&E Plan for projects
Reporting and Documentation
- Analyze monitoring data and information gathered at the field level and develop monitoring reports;
- Develop monitoring reports as well as evaluation reports as and when necessary;
- Read and provide feedback on any M&E reports submitted by consultants as and when necessary;
- Collect, document and write success stories and best practices and support the DM&E Manager in writing the project/ progress reports;
- Support SFCG team and partner organizations to document and scale up effective practices and innovations and support in wider dissemination of such practices at different levels;
- Present monitoring results to the program team and the country leadership management team on a monthly basis;
- Support DM&E Manager in preparation of Terms of Reference for consultants;
- Coordinate with regional offices based in Butwal and Janakpur for field visit of DM&E consultants ;
- To perform any other duties as required.
Coordination with Partner Organisations
- In coordination with Project Managers, develop monitoring system for partner organizations;
- Identify capacity building areas requirement for partner organizations in effectively implementing monitoring tools and system;
- In coordination with regional staff, ensure effective implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and system at the field level
- Identify best practices being implemented in projects and link it to programming framework
Required Qualifications and Skills
At least a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and a training on M&E, Master's degree preferred; At least 3 years of applied experience in M&E in peacebuilding or development programs; Strong knowledge of MS-Excel, MS-Access, and other database programs. Knowledge of quantitative programs like SPSS is an added advantage; Strong command of English and Nepali language, with excellent writing skills and ability to generate high quality monitoring reports; Strong knowledge and experience of applying various monitoring tools, including development of logical framework, results framework, theory of change and result-indicators; and creative, entrepreneurial and collaborative working style.
To apply: Please use SFCG's web-based application system and follow the web link at https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=296. The web link contains detailed terms of reference for the position. Interested candidates are required to submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter through the web-based application system latest by 24 July, 2015. The cover letter must address how your experience and qualifications fit the requirements; your expected salary and available start date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.