UNICEF, the world's leading children's rights organization, has openings for passionate and committed professionals who want to make a lasting difference for children in Nepal. We are seeking individuals with commitment for women and children, high drive for results, integrity, demonstrable teamwork, good self-awareness and self-regulation.
Post Title: Administrative Assistant (Vacancy Notice No. NEPA/2016-03)
Post Level: General Services (GS-6)
Appointment Type: Temporary Appointment (364 days)
Post Location: Dolakha
Purpose of the post:
Under the general supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the incumbent performs administrative support functions, which may include supervision of clerical and administrative staff engaged in fields of work, such as personnel, finance, registry, supply and transportation, as indicated by the requirements and structure of the organization.
Your profile for the post:
• Completion of secondary education. Training in administrative field is desirable.
• Minimum six years of progressively responsible clerical and administrative work.
• Functional Competencies: Planning and Organizing, Applying Technical Expertise, Analyzing, Following Instructions and Procedures (For details on UNICEF Competency framework, please visit: http://unicef.org.np/vacancies)
• The candidate must have excellent command of written and spoken English and Nepali.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
Applications should be received by 01 February 2016. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity, meet the above profile and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send your application along with the UNICEF Personal History Form (P-11) quoting vacancy notice number and position applied for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the UNICEF Personal History Form (P-11) and detailed Job Profile.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
*** UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ***