Under the framework of the UNESCO-UNFPA-UN Women Joint Programme for the Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women, the UNESCO Office in Kathmandu is implementing the project “Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through the provision of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and a Safe Learning Environment in Nepal” with support from the Republic of Korea and in close cooperation with the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education and the Nepal National Commission for UNESCO.
Position Title : Administrative Assistant
Condition of Employment : Full-time based in UNESCO Kathmandu Office
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Salary scale : SB 2, Band B, Step 1
Net monthly Salary: NPR 47,083
Additional benefits: Provident fund & Medical insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall perform administrative, finance and IT functions of the office and support the implementation of the project “Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through the provision of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and a Safe Learning Environment in Nepal”, under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Office in Kathmandu and UNESCO Representative to Nepal, and direct supervision of the chief of the Administrative & Finance Unit.
In particular, s/he shall:
1. Assist the programme units to prepare, execute and monitor the project budget;
2. Carry out day to day budgetary and financial tasks;
3. Monitor the project’s financial performance;
4. Facilitate in the procurement function when required;
5. Follow-up regularly with the programme units and maintain systematic filing of all the original contracts and the administrative documents as required;
6. Provide assistance in the use of computer hardware, software and operate a multi-platform computer environment;
7. Set-up and configure desktop computers, peripherals such as printers or routers, repair equipment and provide support for computer network, as required;
8. Troubleshoot the common hardware/software issues, diagnose problems, implement corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalate to other technical resources as appropriate;
9. Perform any other duties and undertake any other tasks as requested and assigned by the Head of Office and/or the supervisor.
How to Apply: