|No. of Vacancies||:||10|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Level||:||Mid Level|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-04-10 - Expired|
UWS Nepal initiated the Teaching Fellowship Program in early 2017. It is a two-year graduate placement program aimed at Nepali scholars who are seeking experience in teaching, community action and international development. This program aims to tackle the issues of substandard education environment in rural regions by placing a trained UWS Fellow in UWS aided community schools.
Our Fellowship program provides children from marginalized communities to get connected with Nepal's exceptionally bright, accomplished, enthusiastic individuals across the nation. Our Fellows will have an opportunity to "teach the unreached" alongside personal development. We provide skills, knowledge and tools to serve as a full-time teacher for children deprived of quality education. Through this experience of teaching and working with students, parents, and community leaders our Fellows will be exposed to the grass root realities of Nepal's education system. Our Fellows will have a starting platform for their own careers and broaden their association as a leader, building a larger movement for systemic change towards educational equity in Nepal.
1. Find ways to involve students in their lessons and work with different teaching and learning methods using locally available resources/materials.
2. Create healthy relationships with students, faculty, and parents to help create a quality learning environment.
3. Adapt teaching methodology to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress in accordance with Nepal Government’s curriculum.
4. Assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement.
5. Adapt and reassess lesson plans to meet specific student needs, comply with newly implemented guidelines or rules, and to update relevant information and include new developments in education.
6. Plan and prepare a project proposal for a growth of the school and the changes that it needs to be a model school.
7. Attend community meeting and participate in discussions, share plans and ideas to improve the existing UWS schools and the community.
8. Help the community teachers to improve their teaching skills and include better methods to deliver the subject matter.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Apply Instruction:Please visit www.uwsnepal.org to know details about the UWS Nepal Teaching Fellowship Program 2018.
This job is expired.