Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is seeking Public Health, Education and/or Communication (BCC) experts with working experiences in health/education systems strengthening, adolescent health and development, health-education and — promotion, applying digital solutions for the Nepali-German Support to the Health Sector Programme (S2HSP).
Support to the Health Sector Programme (S2HSP) is executed by the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) and supported by GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). S2HSP is in line with the Nepal Health Sector Strategy (NHSS) 2015-2020 and aims to improve access to effective and qualitative healthcare services, particularly for disadvantaged population groups in Nepal. S2HSP is focusing on 5 key result areas: (1) Social Health Insurance, including quality management system and hospital management, (2) Human Resource for Health including Human Resource Development and Management, (3) Governance in Health (urban healthcare system and federal health system), (4) Strengthening Health Information Systems and (5) Adolescent Health and Development focusing on school health education, health promotion and prevention using digital solutions for empowering adolescents. Adolescents are "agents of change". With their energy and creativity, they are key players in development and transformation. Their rights are often violated massively. Young people and their life perspectives are crucial for any sustainable development — this is also emphasized by the Agenda 2030.
S2HSP's interest lies in exploring the opportunities provided by innovative technology and its effectiveness in delivering sexual and reproductive health (SRH) information and promoting behavioral change and support for adolescents. Barriers to adolescents, particularly adolesOnt girls, obtaining)information-and services on SRH (such as perceived stigma, transport costs and rural isolation) are of particular interest. The geographical coverage of the S2HSP comprises 5 municipalities in the Mid-Western, Far- Western and Central development regions. The municipalities covered for the adolescent health and development component are Bidur, Nilkantha, Nepalgunj and Godawari.
Position: Technical Advisor
Duty Station: Kathmandu with frequent travel to the working districts
• Provide technical assistance and implementation support for the policy and decentralised level on adolescent health and development with main focus on the adolescent-responsive health/education system of the respective ministries (Ministry of Health and Population Ministry of Education, Ministry of Social Development etc.) and the municipalities
• Support work planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on Social Behaviour SBCC regarding AHD, with a special attention on issues on adolescent sexual reproductive health, digital solutions for strengthening interactions and multi¬sectoral responses
• Provide technical assistance to the central and regional teams to build capacity in SBCC activities as well as to other key stakeholders including different materials/ channels with focus on digitalisation, radio, print, etc.
• Coordinate with local representatives, health coordinators of the respective municipalities, FHD/ MoHP/ NHEICC/NHRC, and other relevant Ministry Division Centres and technical working groups
• Record lessons learnt, documents and assist senior advisor in preparing reports and presentations for dissemination and internal and external knowledge management and assist Senior Advisor in knowledge management activities including articles, policy and technical briefs, etc.
• Monitor the activities of the teams in the regions
• Support surveys, assessments and studies as required
• Engage in GIZ supported projects for AHD related programmes in other countries
Required qualification and experience:
• Master's degree in public health or education with a focus on health education/ promotion or communication or other relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a similar position
• Very good working knowledge of IT technology (e.g. MS Office) and experiences in m-health, e-health
• Demonstrated experience in the implementation of community based health programmes, preferably on adolescent health and development promoting evidence based practice for health seeking behaviour and SBCC
• Demonstrated experience and ability to develop an effective working relationship with stakeholders on a policy and decentralised level and with external development partners
• Preference will be given to an updated knowledge on health/education sector reform in the federal context
• Extensive field experience in targeted working districts and robust understanding of the realities and complexities of the hard to reach and vulnerable groups, and experience in integrating cross cutting such as Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GES I) strategies
• Demonstrated ability to be a good team player and to work in a multicultural and multi-sectoral environment
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
• Strong communication skills in English and Nepali (both verbal and written)
The salary and social benefits will correspond to the rule applicable to GIZ national personnel in Nepal. Especially women and candidates from underprivileged castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested Nepali citizens are requested to send a complete application including CV, two referees to the email address <firstname.lastname@example.org> by 30.05.2018. Only applications sent by email will be accepted. Please write in the subject line while applying by position for "Ref. Nr: 18007 - Technical Advisor".
Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
GIZ offers customised solutions to complex challenges. We are an experienced service provider and assist the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development.