|Experience||:||2 years of experience (Agriculture and livelihood)|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||Agriculture / Livestock|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||B.Sc. in Agriculture|
|Expiry Date||:||2017-02-22 - Expired|
Job Title: Senior Agriculture Project Officer
Qualification: B.Sc. in Agriculture
Duty Station : Based in Dolakha and frequently visit to Dhadhing
No. of position : 1
TERMS OF REFRENCE for Agriculture Project Officer
Name of the Position : Senior Agriculture Project Officer
Job Location : Based in Dolakha, frequent visit Dhading.
Duration : One year with the possibility of extension based on the performance and fund availability.
Leave and Holidays : As per Nyayik Sansar’s rules (No unspent leave will be payable)
Probation Period : 3 Months
Reports to : Thematic Coordinator and Senior Program Coordinator
Purpose of the Position:
The senior agriculture project officer is responsible for leading and managing agriculture and livelihood project based in Dolakha District. In addition to that s/he is responsible to often visit in Dhading distict. The senior agriculture project officer is expected to provide technical and strategic guidance and support to the target group so as to achieve project’s output. The senior project officer is responsible to ensure capacity building of community people on market system and commercial production of agriculture products. The incumbent should also boost morale of community, staff, intern and mobilizers to work hard and cultivates sprit of team work, consultation, mutual learning, synergy and leveraging of resources in order to deliver quality outputs. S/he will also be responsible for establishing and maintain coordination and congenial working relationships with DADO, government officials, donors, and key stake holders such as Input suppliers, Vendors, Market players/actors and partner organization.
1.Planning and Implementation:
- Planning, implementation: Plan and effectively implement the field level commercial agriculture and livelihood activities based on organization framework.
- Ensuring that learning is integrated into the plans, authority to revise the plans prepared by staff to make sure that the community development principles & values are maintained.
- Effectively Coordinating with different project line agencies in area and district level.
- Work plans: Sitting with each staff during planning, and compiling plans.
- Receive and review the learning process on levels.
- Assist in day-to-day functions and support in organizing district and field level activities,
- Support to implement the project activities, and track the progress and ensure the quality of deliveries,
- Lead and manage district based program independently.
- In conjunction with the project value chain team, provide support to farmers on how to look for new markets for their products.
2. Monitoring and Quality Control:
- Regular visit in the working area, monitoring of filed activities and ensure that activities are functioning as per planned.
- Ensure that Famer’s need is addressed and feedback is reflected.
- Ensure that agriculture development strategies and activities are designed and implanted on sound contextual analysis.
- Assist in monitoring the activities and work of staff, agriculture technician and mobilizers.
Staff Support and Management:
- Share best practice, challenges and outcomes among the team.
- Develop strong, trusting and constructive relationships with staff.
- Prepare monthly calendar and area plan along with the staff members.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Timely monitoring and reporting to concerned authorities on Nyayik Sansar report formats.
- Collect reports from the field and prepare monthly report, Periodical and annual report and dispatch to concerned authorities.
- Documentation of Farmer’s data of production, income and expenses according to business plan.
- Ensure all visit and training report within week of accomplishment.
- Ensure the lessons learnt are well documented and shared among the team and project partners.
- Prepare success stories, best practices and case study.
Communication, Networking and Coordination:
- Participate in VDC level, District Level and others line agencies meeting and share project mandate.
- Establish and maintain congenial working relationship with multi partners, relevant government line agencies, donors and local partners.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- B.SC Agriculture with minimum 2 years of experience (Agriculture and livelihood)
- Demonstrated experience in operational planning in a complex context; strong conceptual interpersonal, communication, facilitation and representation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation; team building and ability to coach and mentor community, staff, agriculture technician and mobilizer.
- Good knowledge and understanding on commercial farming and value chain model.
- Good knowledge and experience with donor compliance and reporting.
- Experience in establishing and maintain collaborative relationships with donors and different counterparts of that community.
- Knowledge on developing log frame based on work plan, outcome based monitoring and good report writing.
Competencies and Personal Specifications:
- Strong interest to work in agriculture and livelihood enhancement.
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in both English and Nepali.
- Willing to stay and work in the remote area especially in Dolakha and as per needed willing to travel other project area.
- Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in M.S Office (Excel, power Point and word).
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with updated CV, Motivational Letter and the Employment Application Form (Employment Application Form can be Downloaded from our Website) in‘ email@example.com’ within 22nd February 2017.
This job is expired.