|Job Location||:||Bijulikot, Ramechhap|
|No. of Vacancies||:||2|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Category||:||Engineering/Civil /Architecture|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Level||:||Mid Level|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelors in Engineering|
|Expiry Date||:||2017-05-22 - Expired|
1. Technical Oversight and Site Supervision:
- Provide families/masons with mobilization and technical support for compliance with project safety and shelter design
- Provide instruction to beneficiaries on safe and sustainable construction methods and cost effective methods
- Assist community people by preparing drawings and BOQs according to their needs
- Supervise masons, and family members active in reconstruction and ensure compliance for worker, beneficiary, and job-site safety
- Provide orientation on safe demolition to HHs members and ensure that HHs is demolished and debris management are done on zero accident.
- Ensure compliance with the national/international building code and in line with natural disaster building standards i.e. SPHERE Standards
- Ensure household latrines are constructed as per Nepal government requirement and Medair standard requirement
2. Training and awareness raising activities
- Identify training needs of community members involved in shelter interventions and develop and implement training plans.
- Work closely with counterpart shelter technical staff, to design training, sensitization and orientation session and on the job training to masons.
- Provide orientation and training to beneficiaries on earthquake resistant techniques to build back better
- Ensure that shelter activities are in close integration with hygiene promotion activities and maintain all records of shelter awareness raising activities
- Design and conduct the VDC/school level shelter awareness raising events (i. e. awareness rallies, street drama, quiz competition, video presentation
3. Quality Management
- Perform progress and final inspection of shelters to ensure quality (materials, workmanship, and construction technology) and completion of work
- Ensure that all the inspection documents for grants disbursement process are well prepared and documented
4. Staff Management
- Work closely with technical staff to design training, sensitization and orientation sessions and on-the-Job Mason training
- Provide technical and professional support to Sub-Engineers/Social mobilizers of local NGO on reconstructing of earthquake resilience shelter for effective implementation of activities at VDC level.
5. Communication and Coordination
- Assist with mobilization of community members, and play a key role on liaison between MEDAIR and community leaders/organizations
- Coordinate and liaise with relevant team members to ensure all objectives of the shelter reconstruction program are met
- Represent Medair at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, and other NGOs in absence of the project manager.
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering from accredited University of Nepal. Masters' Degree will be preferred.
- Must have good understanding and practical experience of Nepal Building code. Experience with demolition and debris management, TOT training certified will be added value.
- At least 3 years of working experience in relevent sector which includes 1 year of rural building construction experience and stone mud mortar building experience. Working expereince with cross-cultural setting in I/NGO is preferable.
- Good spoken and written Nepali and English language.
- Good working knowledge on Microsoft Word, Excel, powerpoint, outlook.
- Working knowledge on different engineering software is highly preferable.
- Desire to serve the most vulnerable in rural area of Bijulikot VDC in agreement with Medair's Value within basic living condition.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, cultural, gender and political sensitive in workplace, able to make decisions in consultative and supportive framework.
- Excellent training facilitation skills and knowledge of core humanitarian standard.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Please go through the link https://goo.gl/NV9uaP to fill out the form. You are not required to send your CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
This job is expired.