|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||Master's Degree|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-09-21 - Expired|
Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist will be responsible for oversight of activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for antimicrobial resistance (AMR)/antimicrobial use (AMU) surveillance in humans and animals. This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits (30 percent or more) in different parts of Nepal.
- Provide technical leadership in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, data analysis, report preparation and sharing of AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals.
- Provide technical assistance to National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL), Central Veterinary Laboratory (CVL) and AMR/AMU surveillance sites to collect, refine and analyze the AMR/AMU surveillance data.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to Antimicrobial Resistance Containment Multi-sectoral and Steering Committee (AMRSC), One Health and AMR/AMU technical working group (TWG) quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical leadership in mapping of distribution pathways of antibiotics in humans and animals.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to NPHL, CVL and AMR/AMU surveillance sites.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team on surveillance and M&E-related activities.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Team Leader, Project Director, and/or Country Director.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and three years’ experience or a Bachelor’s degree in public health or other relevant subjects and five years’ experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or social scientific research and surveillance in public health.
- Experience in standard statistical methods/tools in research and with quantitative and qualitative research method.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use in public health.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Nepali (spoken, written, typing).
- Knowledge and experience of AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Apply Link : https://goo.gl/XBRvYm
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
This job is expired.