|Job Location||:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|No. of Vacancies||:||1|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Level||:||Senior Level|
|Educational Qualification||:||Advanced degree in Law or Human Rights|
|Expiry Date||:||2017-03-21 - 22 Days Left|
The Senior Advocacy Adviser, Asia will report directly to the Regional Director, Asia and will work closely with the Asia Program. The Senior Advocacy Adviser will support and expand the work of the Asia Program in multiple areas of program work, with a focus on regional and international advocacy and capacity-building. The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The Senior Advocacy Adviser’s primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the design and implementation of advocacy strategies to advance women’s sexual and reproductive rights in Asia;
- Analyzing reproductive rights issues in Asia and monitoring trends to identify strategic opportunities for action in line with the Center’s new strategic plan;
- Undertaking international legal and policy research and identifying opportunities for the application of human rights standards in the region as well as the utilization of international human rights accountability strategies and mechanisms;
- Monitoring developments within relevant regional mechanisms and developing strategies to secure the recognition of reproductive rights in these spaces, specifically SAARC and ASEAN;
- Supporting the Center’s capacity-building initiatives in the region through active participation and by providing input on program design as well as supporting the development and implementation of follow-up projects with key partners and stakeholders;
- Bringing key reproductive rights issues and an Asian perspective to the attention of regional and UN bodies and mechanisms, including Special Procedure mandate-holders, and cultivating and maintaining strategic partnerships, leading the drafting of reproductive rights submissions before them, and providing input on resolutions and reports;
- Representing the Center before regional and international human rights bodies and identifying strategic opportunities to organize briefings and other events; Working in collaboration with civil society organizations and other external stakeholders, including government officials, to further advocacy objectives at the national, regional, and international levels and to build coalitions;
- Representing the Center externally on matters related to reproductive rights through public speaking and engagement with the media;
- Supporting the Center’s communication strategies by drafting blogs, op-eds, and other documents and identifying opportunities to disseminate information through social media;
- Assisting with the planning, logistics, and implementation of advocacy events with partners, other I/NGOs, and regional and international bodies, in collaboration with other team members and regional programs;
- Representing the Asia program at high-level events and meetings and identifying strategic opportunities for team members to participate in regional and international conferences and meetings in order to draw attention to key issues and raise the visibility of the Center in Asia;
- Providing strategic support to the Regional Director in preparing for conferences and high-level meetings;
- Working with the team to supervise legal interns and volunteers and coordinating projects with pro bono lawyers;
- Additional relevant programmatic and institutional responsibilities that may be assigned; and
- Travel within Asia and elsewhere as required.
- Commitment to the Center’s mission, purpose, and values;
- Degree in Law or Masters in Human Rights or International Relations required;
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience and substantial advocacy experience at the regional and international levels, including as part of NGO coalitions, required;
- Substantial experience in capacity-building of different stakeholders;
- Knowledge of international human rights, women’s rights, and Asia regional bodies;
- Capable of complex legal and/or policy analysis;
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and oral advocacy skills;
- Very detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues in different time-zones, to multi-task, and work under pressure; and
- Fluency in English required; fluency in another Asian language is desirable.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Please click on the link below to apply. A cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and contact information for three references must be included in your application in order to be considered for this position.
Please include these application materials as attachments. https://reproductiverights.applicantpro.com/jobs/502273-30518.html