|Experience||:||Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience of working in the development field. Knowledge on peacebuilding, laws, gender, governance, and human rights issues;|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||Master’s degree in social sciences or law from a recognized university.|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-12-10 - Expired|
Program Officer - Subnational Governance Program
The DFAT-TAF Strategic Partnership on Subnational Governance in Nepal is responding to the opportunities and challenges emerging from the country’s transition to federalism. Since the end of a decade-long conflict in 2006, high expectations for inclusive governance and effective economic development have largely gone unmet due to political stalemates, a failure to rebuild local governance, and entrenched corruption. However, the constitution signed in September 2015 marked the beginning of Nepal’s transition from a unitary to a federal system guaranteeing locally elected officials the authority to self-govern and define local economic development. The Partnership works in the following strategic areas:
Strategic Area 1: Generating Evidence and Data on Subnational Governance
Strategic Area 2: Support for Nepal’s Transition to Federal Governance
Strategic Area 3: Improving Local Governance Service Delivery and Economic Governance
Recognizing Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) as a key driver of inclusive local governments and sustainable development, the Partnership focuses on integrating GESI as a cross cutting theme across all program activities.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITY
Assist in coordinating, monitoring, and providing technical assistance for the Foundation’s Subnational Governance Program mainly to support for Nepal’s transition to federal governance. Work within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the Foundation and be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned. Provide support for activities in other program areas as assigned by the Country Representative or designate.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or law from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience of working in the development field. Knowledge on peacebuilding, laws, gender, governance, and human rights issues;
- Hands-on experience in report writing, analytical pieces desirable;
- Familiarity with current development practices, policies and organizations in Nepal will be an added advantage.
Competence in computer use; ability to work under pressure; good communication skills in English and Nepali; good interpersonal skills; demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity; demonstrate self-development, initiative-taking and sound judgment; acting as a team player and facilitating team work; facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively; creating synergies through self-control; managing conflict; learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others; informed and transparent decision making; and, willingness to travel extensively in
project areas outside of Kathmandu.
- Work closely with Program Manager and the team to implement, coordinate, and monitor initiatives of the assigned programs in accordance with the Foundation’s standards.
- Prepare Letters of Agreement, Letter of Contracts, Amending Letters of Agreement, Amending Letter of Contracts as required.
- Ensure to receive timely narrative and financial reports from the local implementing partners.
- Provide support to the team members to review grantee reports, analyze and report on trends, challenges, and lessons learned in the programs.
- Coordinate with the program and finance team to arrange fund disbursements to grantees and contractors.
- Coordinate with the program team members to compile, maintain, and report on program statistics to prepare reports for donors, TAF Headquarter and other relevant agencies.
- Coordinate with concerned government line agencies and other related stakeholders including NGOs in districts and field to effectively implement the program activities.
- Responsible for organizing coordination meetings, communication and liaison with stakeholders.
- Regular field visits to program locations and analyze trends in the program, identifying issues/challenges, and recommending solutions to Program Manager. Coordinate field visits of donor agencies, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Research linkages across program activities to identify critical points of integration.
- Assignments in other program areas as given by the Country Representative or designate.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Applicants are requested to email their CV along with a cover letter describing suitability for the position by 5 p.m. on 10 December 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title, e.g. "Program Officer" in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone calls will not be entertained.
This job is expired.