|Job Location||:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|No. of Vacancies||:||1|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Level||:||Entry Level|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelor's degree or equivalent|
|Expiry Date||:||2017-03-21 - 22 Days Left|
The Program Associate, Asia will report to the Senior Legal Adviser, Asia and the Senior Finance & Office Manager, Asia.
The Program Associate will provide critical support for key programmatic and operational functions of the Asia regional office located in Kathmandu.
This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal and is open to citizens of Nepal only.
The Program Associate’s primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Director, Asia and Senior Legal Adviser, Asia including faxing, researching, word processing, maintaining files, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, processing check reimbursements and wire transfers, and making travel arrangements;
- Support the regional office staff on key projects, including by coordinating program planning with partners, attending meetings and drafting the minutes, monitoring and evaluation, and coordinating the scheduling and logistics of internal and external meetings;
- Maintain correspondence on behalf of the regional office with external partners and respond to information requests; • Work closely with the Senior Finance & Office Manager in developing and monitoring partnership and grant agreements;
- Liaise with staff in the Communications, Development, and Operations departments in New York;
- Fact-check, proofread, and finalize citations for written material including publications, formal submissions, and internal memos;
- Undertake research and draft short memos and reports as needed for internal purposes;
- Translate written material from Nepali to English and vice versa;
- Support coordination of the Nepal Office internship program and Visiting Advocates program;
- Support preparations for regional events including by drafting concept notes and budgets; and
- Carry out such other duties as may be required.
- Strong commitment to the Center’s mission, purpose, and values;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 2-3 years administrative experience, preferably in an INGO;
- Excellent computer skills particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus;
- Strong proficiency in oral and written English and Nepali;
- Excellent writing and researching skills;
- Team player and independent worker;
- Flexible and supportive with strong problem solving skills;
- Resourceful and creative; and
- Ability to communicate with people in diverse settings.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Please click on the link below to apply. A cover letter, resume, writing sample and contact information for three references must be included in your application in order to be considered for this position.
Please include these application materials as attachments.