|No. of Vacancies||:||2|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Educational Qualification||:||Senior School and Above|
|Expiry Date||:||2017-11-28 - Expired|
As part of your role as a member of a unitary board, you will need to:
- Constructively challenge and help develop proposals on strategy.
- Scrutinise the performance of management in meeting agreed goals and objectives and monitor the reporting of performance.
- Satisfy yourself on the integrity of financial information and that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.
- Determine appropriate levels of remuneration of executive directors.
Furthermore, you will have a duty to:
- Act within powers set out in the company’s memorandum of association.
- Promote success of the company.
- Exercise independent judgement.
- Exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Not to accept benefits from third parties.
- Declare interests in proposed transactions or arrangements.
- In order to perform your role, you will need:
- High ethical standards
- Sound judgement
- A willingness to challenge
- Good interpersonal skills
- An understanding of how conflict occurs and how to deal with it effectively
- Good behavioural skills
- Good listening skills
- The ability to communicate ideas
- Sensitivity, openness and awareness of non-verbal communication
- Leadership and self-awareness, ability to gain respect and attention
- Critical thinking, creativity and strategic awareness
- Business acumen, ability to identify new business opportunities
- Forward perspective, willingness to embrace change and innovation
- An inquiring and inquisitive mind – with an ability to assimilate, assess and analyse information, especially financial information co-operation and teamworking
- Facilitation skills
- The ability to take the wider, strategic view political astuteness and ability to play the ‘diplomat’
- Determination, with the tenacity and drive to succeed
- A keenness to gain new knowledge and skills to develop competences further
- Availability to prepare for and attend meetings
- An ability to identify potential problems and deal with risk
- A sense of humour
All applicants must have a passion for helping people that are disadvantaged, regardless of their social standing or circumstance.
Suitably qualified applicants from any part of Nepal will be considered on the understanding that they will be required to attend board meetings in Pokhara. The cost of travel on a "tourist coach" will be paid by the company and free accommodation will be provided in our guesthouse. If the non-executive director chooses to fly and stay elsewhere, he / she will be responsible for the difference in costs.
As a community interest company, our driving force is more about doing social good than making anyone more affluent. As a consequence, the salaries, which are yet to be decided, of all directors, mine included, will follow a similar model to the one Ben & Jerry’s, the ice cream people adopted when they first set out. They set a reasonable differential between the highest earners and the lowest earners which meant that the highest earners earned no more than X times what the lowest earners earned. The more profit our company makes, the more people it can help. Please note that the figure of NPR12,345 is not a literal salary, it is simply a space filler.
We will be completely transparent in our finances so every paisa / penny we earn will be declared both in Nepal and the UK so that the appropriate amount of corporate tax is paid in both countries.
We are not currently in a position to offer a start date as we are still in the process of securing grant funding. As soon as we obtain grant funding, we will be able to offer a start date. My hope is that we will open in the latter part of 2018.
Applicants that are qualified and/or experienced in finance and marketing are particularly welcomed.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Interested applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter explaining why they would like to be a part of the team.
They should also answer the following questions in the e-mail containing their CV and cover letter.
- Why are you applying for this job?
- What experience will you be bringing to the company?
- For those that are based in Nepal, are you comfortable working with people from marginalised groups i.e HIV+, Dalit, Diffabled etc?
- What do you hope to take from this position?
- What would your expected salary be?
- For those that are based in Nepal, would you be prepared to travel to Pokhara in order to attend board meetings?
Note: the cost of travel on a "tourist coach" will be paid by the company and free accommodation will be provided in our guesthouse.
If the non-executive director chooses to fly and stay elsewhere, he / she will be responsible for the difference in costs.
Applicants that fail to answer these questions will not be considered for the position.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com Malikai www.chamkanucic.com
This job is expired.