|No. of Vacancies||:||1|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Category||:||Project Management|
|Job Type||:||Part Time|
|Job Level||:||Mid Level|
|Salary||:||£70 per day|
|Educational Qualification||:||Preferably Post Graduate level|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-03-07 - Expired|
Aim of Consultancy
Anti-Slavery International works towards the eradication of all forms of slavery across the world, including in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Our Asia Programme, managed by our Asia Programme Manager, currently includes two projects in Nepal.
We are seeking a consultant based in Nepal to assist Anti-Slavery International Asia Programme Manager with management of a new three year project, focused on addressing bonded labour within the Haliya Community along with input, advice and representation of Anti-Slavery at other slavery related events and meetings in Nepal.
The consultant will be managed by the Asia Programme Manager, who is based in London.
Description of Duties
1. Under the direction of the Asia Programme Manager, assist with the project management and implementation of a bonded labour project and be in touch and regularly meet with the partner organisation in Kathmandu and other relevant stakeholders.
2. Undertake frequent trips to the Haliya community to monitor implementation and strategy of the project.
3. Work with project partner and Anti-Slavery’s Asia Programme Manager and Learning and Accountability Manager to develop a robust monitoring framework to gather evidence of results and impact. Collate monitoring and evaluation data from the partner according to agreed reporting timeframes and provide to the Asia Programme Manager.
4. Provide capacity building and technical support to the partner organisation, including support in monitoring and data collection and analysis; impact evaluation; community outreach; development of an advocacy strategy; reporting and project management.
5. Assist with the preparation of information on bonded and/or forced labour in Nepal for publication or for submission to appropriate public bodies at international level (such as the UN/ILO) and national level (central government and agencies) Organise and undertake advocacy at the national level for the effective implementation of relevant policies, including bonded labour and decent work legislation.
6. Assist with managing research being undertaken by Anti-Slavery International, including assisting with selecting and recruiting consultants, reviewing research drafts and providing comment.
7. Represent Anti-Slavery International at relevant meetings, consultations and events in Nepal as agreed with the Asia Programme Manager.
8. Assist with the development and implementation of further projects in Nepal, including the design of project strategy, objectives, activities and budget.
The consultant will be required to travel frequently to the Haliya area and undertake advocacy at the National Government level in Nepal. Additionally, the consultant will be required to represent Anti-Slavery International at events and to network with all relevant stakeholders. For this reason, the consultant must live in Nepal and it is preferable that the consultant be based in Kathmandu.
Consultant fees for the Agreement will be as follows:
For the above stipulated work, Anti-Slavery will pay as an overall sum of equivalent £70 per day to cover consultant fees. Other costs including travel, accommodation (if required) will be reimbursed based on actual costs.
The consultancy fee will be paid in one lump sum at the same agreed date each month. Expenses will be forecast and paid once per month.
All other costs
The Consultant is responsible for all other related costs including insurance, medication and vaccinations.
The Consultant is a self-employed person responsible for taxation and other similar liabilities or contributions in respect of the fees and the Consultant will indemnify Anti-Slavery against all liability for the same and any costs, claims or expenses including interest and penalties.
Person specifications: Skills and knowledge
1. Minimum 3 years experience in project management, implementation and monitoring of projects working with partner organisations.
2. Professional experience of working directly on relevant issues, such as labour rights and other human rights violations within the context of Anti-Slavery’s mandate (trafficking in persons, bonded or forced labour) ideally in Nepal.
3. Experience of undertaking the capacity building of local organisations.
4. Experience in advocacy work, at least a national level.
5. Capable of maintaining positive relationships at long distance (International).
6. Experience of representing an organisation.
7. An understanding and commitment to Anti-Slavery International’s mission and values.
8. Good IT skills, including Excel, Word, Email.
9. Advanced/strong written and spoken English and fluency in Nepali.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Apply Instruction:Please send a CV no more than 2 A4 sides. Please accompany the CV with a supporting letter outlining why you are applying and how you meet the person specification with your relevant experience in no more than 800 words. Send applications to email@example.com by no later than 7th March 2018 Midday Nepal Time. Interviews are planned to take place between Wednesday 21st and Friday 23rd March 2018.
This job is expired.