Essential: University Degree in economics or health policy including related training in health economics and health financing from a recognized university.
Desirable: Advance University Degree in economics or health policy. Public health background would be an asset. Training in health surveys, data entry, analysis
Essential: At least two years of experience in the design and implementation of health financing systems. Experience should include conducting economic
analysis on social policies, income distribution, poverty and/or health and development issues.
Desirable: Experience in the design and implementation of health financing systems in the context of a federal context will be an asset.
1. Training in surveying and surveys instrument, research methods or equivalent fields
2. Ability to design and maintain financial records, medical records and personal records statistical tools.
3. Ability to help in running macro and micro surveys.
4. Demonstrate skills in the preparation of reports and plans.
5. Self-motivated with ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
6. Knowledge and understanding of current national health account and financing datasets.
7. Good interpersonal skills, able to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
8. Ability to participate actively and cooperatively in knowledge sharing and policy forums at various levels and also to coordinate the GoN agencies, international /
bilateral agencies, NGOs / INGOs etc.
9. Very good analytical skills including ability to collect and analyze technical data and information and to draw and present conclusions in written and spoken
10. Very good writing skills in English, including ability to write clear and concise progress reports, analytical reports, plans and proposals.
11. Technical Expertise; Overall attitude at work are also required mandatory competencies.